Favorite games while RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phase 10. Great card game.

http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-W4729-Phase-Card-Game/dp/B004MU9V8Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1438367055&sr=1-1&keywords=phase+10

Cannot believe Uno wasn't mentioned..best with 3 or 4.. and of course, crib...good for 2, 3 or 4. 

With the size of some of the lots we have been getting, we are pondering buying a croquet set...

Appreciate some of the suggestions..will look them up...

Grassy

grassy said:
Cannot believe Uno wasn't mentioned..best with 3 or 4.. and of course, crib...good for 2, 3 or 4. 

With the size of some of the lots we have been getting, we are pondering buying a croquet set...

Appreciate some of the suggestions..will look them up...

Grassy

I just came back from visiting parts of Canada and I found that washer toss was one of the Canadians favorite games so I built one. Will surely be taking that with us.

MN Blue Skies said:
Does anyone remember the game 31?  I think it's an easy card game that up to nine people can play.

If it's the on e I'm thinking of it's called SCAT. Not sure on the spelling.

Rene T said:
I just came back from visiting parts of Canada and I found that washer toss was one of the Canadians favorite games so I built one. Will surely be taking that with us.
I tried looking up washer toss. I found a out a gazillion washer toss games. Is there any that's a lot more popular than another? Just like a bunch of beanbag toss games, but cornhole seems to be the standard.

kdbgoat said:
I tried looking up washer toss. I found a out a gazillion washer toss games. Is there any that's a lot more popular than another? Just like a bunch of beanbag toss games, but cornhole seems to be the standard.

The one I built is a 16" square box with a single 4" pipe in the center. We used it yesterday for the first time, and it was a huge hit.

We call 31 Blitz!  We have played with up to 15 people, but really as much fun.  We like to keep it under 10.  We play every Christmas and all ages can play. Plus it is easy to chat while playing since not so much concentration is required.

Ingress
https://www.ingress.com/
Its like a global game of capture the flag crossed with geocaching. Get out and explore the area.

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know. I get points for recruiting.

Here's the rules for the game f SCAT:  http://www.pagat.com/draw/scat.html
When we played, we started out with $.15, Every time you lost, you would put a nickel in a pot, once you were out of money, you were out of the game. You could also play with dimes or quarters.

We started playing Settlers of Catan, which is for 3-4 people unless you have the expansion pack.  We really enjoy it.  As far as card/dice games, our mainstays are Skip-bo, Phase 10, and Fill or Bust (a dice game similar to "farkle", only it also uses cards).

You will find the best games ever in my truck!!

IMHO, all the good games (just like all the good RV's) were designed and built pre-1980.  I am talking about games like Simon, Merlin, Digital Derby, and other "electronic games" from that era.  The problem with these sorts of games is and always has been the poor battery life, which was the only problem with such games then as it is now..

As an electrical engineer, I understand how to solve the battery issue, and I I re-engineer all my games to use and accept common rechargeable Li-ion batteries from easily and cheaply obtainable burner-cell-phones so they can be recharged with the RV's 12 volt systems.  The main advantage of doing this would appear at the outset to be the fact that buying replacement batteries is now a thing of the past, but the real advantage slowly reveals itself over time to be the actual battery life--  My Simon keeps a charge for well over two years on standby, and for well over a year with regular play before needing to be recharged.  Other games have similar battery lives after being modified.

Having an old gameboy sitting around with a tetris cartridge stuck in it is great until the batteries go out.  My modified gameboy has a lifespan of just shy of 4 months (of being left on continually--without ever getting shut off) when being played and of over a year on standby...

It only takes about 35 dollars in parts and one hour of time to refit any old electronic game with rechargeable batteries.  The money I save in batteries is negligible when compared to the frustration everyone is spared from from when the batteries do not die in an hour.

i-Lean is loaded with games!!  She is nothing if she is not fun!!

I'm not a gamer, but DW is.
We haven't played it in years, but here's a second call out for Mancala.  Seems like it would be a great camping game

I would also think dominoes would be good.

And for Cub Scouts once, we played something called Viking's Chess.... or as I have learned through Google its real name is Kubb.  It's a great outdoor game for a small group, and I figure it could be played with firewood
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubb
Good fun

and a vote NO - DW bought me one of those ladder ball games last Christmas  ended up throwing it out when she wasn't looking.  It was a tangle mess even before we got it completely out of the box..... and never successfully played it before it tangled again and again.  Finally pulled out the rats next and tossed it when packing for our trip last weekend....

Dream Chasers said:
We call 31 Blitz!  We have played with up to 15 people, but really as much fun.  We like to keep it under 10.  We play every Christmas and all ages can play. Plus it is easy to chat while playing since not so much concentration is required.

I agree that the "31" card game we played was easy for most ages to play and it was easy to chat while playing.  It's interesting how many variations there are.  I remember that you would win when your cards totaled 31.  I can't remember is if they all had to be the same suit.  We played with nickels. 

MN Blue Skies said:
I agree that the "31" card game we played was easy for most ages to play and it was easy to chat while playing.  It's interesting how many variations there are.  I remember that you would win when your cards totaled 31.  I can't remember is if they all had to be the same suit.  We played with nickels.

Yes they had to be the same suit. We also played with 3 nickels and you had 1 free ride. If you lost that, you were done.

Molaker said:
I can't believe no one as mentioned "Chicken". :)

We play that on the way to the RV park. Boy do those little Smart cars move fast when I drift over the centerline at them........ ;D

ken

Back
Top Bottom