Can my 2005 ford adventurer be install a generator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just bought a 2005 ford E350 advenurer rv without generator,can I install one on it? where can I install it?

Welcome!!

Since Ford never made RV's and Adventurer is a popular name for several different brands of RV, what manufacturer made yours?? Is it a Class C?

Adventurer is a brand name for a Class C mini-motorhome and also a truck camper. Not to be confused with the Winnebago Class A model of the same name. I don't know any more about it, though.

The first question would be whether there is space to mount a genset. If there is a compartment designed for one, it may also have the basic wiring in place. Adding a genset is not trivial - you need to plumb in a fuel line (LP or gas?), provide an exhaust outlet, adequate cooling air flow, etc. Most people just carry a portable genset, e.g. a Honda or Yamaha) and use that when needed.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Adventurer is a brand name for a Class C mini-motorhome and also a truck camper. Not to be confused with the Winnebago Class A model of the same name. I don't know any more about it, though.

The first question would be whether there is space to mount a genset. If there is a compartment designed for one, it may also have the basic wiring in place. Adding a genset is not trivial - you need to plumb in a fuel line (LP or gas?), provide an exhaust outlet, adequate cooling air flow, etc. Most people just carry a portable genset, e.g. a Honda or Yamaha) and use that when needed.
it's a good idea for carry a portable one~thanks~

Alfa38User said:
Welcome!!

Since Ford never made RV's and Adventurer is a popular name for several different brands of RV, what manufacturer made yours?? Is it a Class C?
it's class C motorhome that made by adventurer manufacturing ltd,but I couldn't find any info from their website,maybe they don't make motorhome anymore~

http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2006-Motor-Home-Manual.pdf

I found this online. It starts at 2006 though. Doesn't show a whole lot, but if this is the same as yours, they did have a generator option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom