EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Campground Wifi - Boosting a Weak Signal  (Read 15491 times)

inscop

• ---
  • Will patrol border for food!
Re: Campground Wifi - Boosting a Weak Signal
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »
Okay, so I have been looking for a while for a WIFI hotspot that does not require a monthly plan and one that your data does not expire every month.  I finally found it, bought the unit and I got it a few days ago.  So far, I am well pleased.  I prepurchased 10 gigs of data and it is just sitting there waiting for me to use it.  It does not go away like my old Verizon plan.  This is perfect for folks like us who only need the data when WE need it, not when THEY want us to use it or lose it.  This thing works on the Sprint network and I live in Alpine, CA and have a great signal for being kind of in the boonies.  Ease of operation, setup and everything else, all are very easy.  Here is a coverage map: https://yourkarma.com/coverage

I have found it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, so, moderators, if this is not allowed, please feel free to nuke the post.

The web site for the KarmaGo hotspot is www.YourKarma.com.  If you decide to purchase using my referral code, then you get ten bucks to apply to the purchase of your KarmaGo and I get ten bucks for more data.  This is the web site if you wish to check it out.  If you decide to buy one, use my code ray82532 or go to https://yourkarma.com/invite/ray82532.
Rig: 2014 Forest River FR3
Furry non-verbal son:  Coqui, the Wonder Dog
Alpine, CA

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »
Easiest way is to put a repeater in a can and aim it at the wi-fi.

Ideally a Welches Grape Juice can.. But I used a modern 3-pound (2.5) COffee can, all metal.

I'd use one of the smaller repeaters (TP Link made one that's very small) and basically mount it in foam rubber inside the can.. Feed it five volts from a charger adapter and once it's set up.. Should be good.. aim it at the target.

NOTE: aiming can be a bit fun.

What I use:

Linksys WGA 54G (Antenna sticks up into the can.. Oh, you mount the link... well I'll send you a URL on that)

It feeds a standard home router

Wi-Fi or Lan to this computer. and to another computer (Depending on where they are at) Lan only to another computer and two single function computer devices, WI-FI only to two androids.  All work happily.

It is a bit.. Rube Goldburg. but when I set it up it was all stuff I had in stock and it works fairly well.

How to position the antenna (or Repeater device) in the grape juice/coffee cal

www.amateurlogic.tv  episode 3
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

thedrake123

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 06:52:15 AM »
I've found Wifi on Steroids gives me full bars at any campground with a weak signal. It can be connected easily to the free wifi hotspot inside the campground. You can use your laptop, ipad or iphone to connect.

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »
I have upgraded my System.. The LInksys died (Turns out it was something very simple) so I got an Umbuquitte (UBNT) Nanostgation M-2 to replace it.. MAJOR upgrade, far more range, lots stronger signals and connects to Wi-Fi hosts the Linksys would not connect to.. Even my Cell phone's hot spot which the Linksys would not connect the router to..  Had a problem there however after I messed up a setting, Reset and that's how I'm Posting this

The nano station is designed to be pole mounted with zip ties, I'll use something other than a Zip Tie to do it when I put it on the flagpole but.. Man does it work.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Hosted by Over The Network