Mahoney departing for Moab Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Departing Monday 4/25 for Moab arrival Wed 4/28. Will have electric site wed & thurs, boondock fri & sat, then full H/U sun May 1.

Will stop for coffee at Camp Verde with Millers and Reiters and prob ably meet up with Brewers then.

A stop at Monument valley is a possability.

We'll see you at Moab Russ. Have a safe journey.

Russ

>>A stop at Monument valley is a possability.<<

That's a definite YES...probably a couple of days so I can get my butte fix.<G>

Terry
At Apache Junction, AZ

Karl

>>Didn't know your butte was broken <<

Some people say it has been broken for a long time.

Terry
At Apache Junction, AZ

Thomases are leaving Sierra Vista Monday afternoon for Wilcox, Az.  We plan on staying at the Elks Club there that  night and Thusday morning the rig goes in to fix the non-operational brake lights.  Expect a blown 6 amp diode.  We expect to leave Wednesday morning for Moab.  Don't know the route yet as the Toshiba laptop is back the second time to be repaired and the Dell Laptop will not run SA programs anymore.  Needs a re-format.

Ned & I will leave for Moab as soon as hopefully we get a new trunk lid for the Honda.  We only need two days to get there but would rather we had a little more time between Camp Peg and Moab.  Looking forward to lunch with Russ and the Brewers tomorrow in C. Verde.  Maybe we will know something about the lid by then.  Russ and Brewers call us when you get close and we & Millers will meet you at the restaurant.  See you all tomorrow.

rhmahoney said:
Departing Monday 4/25 for Moab arrival Wed 4/28.

Russ,

My calendar says 4/28 is Thursday, not Wednesday.

Phil

Phil: My calendar says 4/28 is Thursday, not Wednesday.

Yeah, Yeah, So everybody has been telling me...;-)

I will call Tues AM and tell them that I really am comming on THURSDAY.

Brewers and I came up to Monument valley today, arriving an hour or so before sunset. The Late afternoon golden sunlight on the buttes ans mesas is fantastic!

Lost my sepentine belt near Sedona. Terry and I were able to fit a new one by hand with inadequate tools. Quite surprised ourselves.

Russ, Betty, & I are now in Monument Valley for 3 days. Attached is a pic of what you are missing.

Terry
At Monument Valley

Attachments

• P4230072 (Small).JPG
    P4230072 (Small).JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 19
Get any snow on the way to Flagstaff this morning?

We were in Snow Canyon Utah yesterday.? Atached is a panorama shot taken in the canyon. Working our way to Moab.

Attachments

• Snow Canyon, Utah (Large) (2).jpg
    Snow Canyon, Utah (Large) (2).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 19
A serpentine is one spare part everyone should carry.  I kept the old one when I replaced ours several years ago and it's in good enough condition to serve as a spare if I break one.  On some engines, it can be replaced easily, on ours I would call CoachNet and tell them I have the belt and a tech would come out and put it on.

I replaced the serpentine belt a few days before we left Yuma after inspection revealed the old one had signs of deterioration.  Like Ned said the old one is still good enough for a spare.  Also replaced the V belt while I was in the area.  I would rather replace before they fail is at all possible.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Russ, Betty, & I are now in Monument Valley for 3 days. Attached is a pic of what you are missing.

Terry
At Monument Valley

Are you at the Indian campground at the park entrance or at Goldings? Marlene and I are planning on leaving tomorrow, Wed, and spending the nite there before driving up to Portal on Thursday.

Bernie
Yes they are and if everything goes okay today we will be up there tomorrow evening as well.  The trunk lid came in yesterday and we drove over to Cottonwood to make sure it was the right one.  They were to paint it last night and it should be installed tonight so hopefully we can leave tomorrow morning.  What time would you be leaving Goodyear?

Back
Top Bottom