Mahoney departing for Moab Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bernie

>>Are you at the Indian campground at the park entrance or at Goldings?<<

Indian campground, you don't get that Butte at Gouldings.<G>

Terry
At Monument Valley

Terry or Russ,

Did you fuel at Little America and can we use the truck islands and not pay the AZ tax?

Ned

>>Did you fuel at Little America and can we use the truck islands and not pay the AZ tax? <<

We paid $2.39...Betty told them we were RV's.? It was a real madhouse there, even got hailed on.<G>

Terry
At Monument Valley

Lorna said:
Bernie
Yes they are and if everything goes okay today we will be up there tomorrow evening as well.  The trunk lid came in yesterday and we drove over to Cottonwood to make sure it was the right one.  They were to paint it last night and it should be installed tonight so hopefully we can leave tomorrow morning.  What time would you be leaving Goodyear?

Ned

Yes they are what ??? ??? ??? I asked an either or question and you said yes ;D ;D ;D  I would presume the Navajo campground.

We plan on leaving tomorrow AM, as soon as Marlene has the refrigerator loaded. Could be any time between 9 and noon ;) ;)

Does your phone work at Camp Verde? We can call when we are ready to leave.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Bernie

>>Are you at the Indian campground at the park entrance or at Goldings?<<

Indian campground, you don't get that Butte at Gouldings.<G>

Terry
At Monument Valley

Great, see you all tomorrow.

Bernie
Yes they are at the Indian CG.  Yes our phones work at Camp Peg's and depending when the trunk lid is put on will determine when we leave.

Lorna said:
Bernie
Yes they are at the Indian CG.  Yes our phones work at Camp Peg's and depending when the trunk lid is put on will determine when we leave.

OK, then call us when you are ready if we haven't called yet.

Pennings on the road to Moab.

We left Sunday and stayed that night at Camp Cummins in Bakersfield. Had service work done and arrived Monday night at the Oasis Las Vegas (site 108) . Will leave tomorrow (Wednesday) for Zion for 1 night and stay Thursday and Friday at Rubby's Inn at Bryce. Friday at Capitol Reef and arrive Moab Saturday or Sunday.

Chris & Mimy

Chris & Mimi

Leave some crumbs along the highway so I can follow your tracks to Moab. Is that a better route than going via Reno & Salt Lake City? We leave Thurs or Fri.

Tom said:
Chris & Mimi

Leave some crumbs along the highway so I can follow your tracks to Moab. Is that a better route than going via Reno & Salt Lake City? We leave Thurs or Fri.

I think from where you are the Reno-SLC-Provo-Price-Gren River-I70 to 191South  to Moab would be a more direct route.  We will arrive Moab on Thursday the 28th,

Have a safe trip.

That's kinda what I thought Ron, and it's the way we came to Moab last year. I assume Chris went the other route because of his appointment in Bakersfield. Thanks.

Hi Tom,

The Reno SLC may be a faster route since you leaving late and remember you have to arrive in time at Moab to secure your reserved sewer line. Auction for not occupied sewer hook ups will start Sunday morning 6.00 am. ;D
We took the Southern rout.e since we had to stop in Bakersfield, make our annual donnation in Las Vegas and spend a few days at Zion and Bryce. So if you travel North I can save the bread crums.

Chris

OK save the breadcrumbs for next time Chris. We'll head through Reno & SLC as we did last year. If I'm not there in time for the auction, I'll just borrow Ron's portable full hookup. I'm also allergic to Vegas.

Hope you have your notes with you; I need to pick your brain again for our trip north this summer.

See you Sunday.

Hi All,

Tim and I are in Prescott, AZ and will leave for Holbrook for Wed/Thur then onto Canyon De Chelly on Friday.  Seems like lots of Framily are heading up through No. AZ.  If anyone sees an Allegro Bus towing a small bronze toyota pick up with a silver cover....honk!!! <grin>

We've been "Touring" all over since arriving in Prescott on Sunday.  Been to Jerome, Cottonwood, Sedona and back through Camp Verde.

See ya all soon.  We'll be in Moab on Monday.

Marsha and Tim

Terry or Russ,

Could one of you report on the construction from Blanding to Monticello?  Sheila and I plan on driving from HT to Moab on Saturday. Plan to leave by 7am and arrive by 6pm - assuming no problems and the construcxtion is not a major issue.

Ken

Hi Ken and Shiela and any others traveling to Moab,

We look forward to seeeing you and will give you a road condition report when we arrive today.? We will leave Monumnet Valley at 10 am and arrive at Portal this afternoon.? Rained hard ast night.? Big Winds and Big rainbows. Cloudy this morning .

Betty and Terry
and Russ

Hi Ken and Sheila,

We left  Monument Valley at 10:15 heading north. At mm 59 saw a sign Construction ahead SLOW to 45.  A little farther up a flagger stopped us for 7 minutes while trucks and cars passed the  other direction.  It was an interesting 7 minutes to watch the big heavy equipment carve a new direction in the environment s they are building a new set of lanes.  After we got through it  Terry's comment to Russ on the CB was "Well that was hardly worth all of the ink it got on the forum."  I'll bet they won't even be working on Saturday.  Cloudy here, bring rain gear.

Betty

Hi Betty
Thanks for the Hwy 191 construction info.  We just discussed it here at Camp Peg's and since we will be going thru there on Sunday the construction workers will probably be taking a day off so we should be ok.  Thanks again.

Lorna

>> the construction workers will probably be taking a day off so we should be ok. <<

Even if they are working the wait is only a few minutes, the construction area is only a few hundred yards long.

Terry
At Moab, UT

Back
Top Bottom