Yellowstone 2016 or Bust! Forum Rally May 15 through May 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
This is an early announcement for those who might consider participating, but a Forum Rally (Frally, if you will) is forming for May, 2016 to explore all things Yellowstone.

Because Yellowstone requires a bit of planning for most folks, we want to get people thinking about whether it fits on their calendar.

We are currently negotiating rates and space at Yellowstone Grizzly in West Yellowstone, which is a great park and venue just outside the west gate of YNP. It provides great amenities and convenience to the local area as well as the park.

A distinct possibility is to keep the rally open for a two week span to accommodate travel at that time of the year which can be interesting and to slip in front of the typical summer season and crowds just a bit. A lot of folks try to hit the park too fast and do not realize the extreme size of the place so possibly the extra time will benefit those who need or want it. Also, some may want to blow in and then blow down the road and this accommodates that notion as well.

This is also a special invitation to those here who have never participated in a rally or Forum rally and/or who have never been to Yellowstone. We'd like to have as many newcomers as possible and insure everyone gets everything they want from the Yellowstone experience.

Christi and I have had two months stints in the Yellowstone area twice in the last four years and hope we can transfer some of that excitement to others. It is truly one of the more amazing destination parks in the country, if not the world.

Be sure to click the Notify button to stay tuned!

I hope you will consider joining us!

See some FAQ's here...

Kim and Christi

We're on the Notify list now.  Not sure where we will be in May 2016, but if we're close to a
good party, we tend to show up. . . .

Kim:
  Couldn't work out better for me!  My first 2 weeks off in 2016 is May 14 to May 29.  Sounds like these might be the dates you are considering?  We'd be all over that one!

Steve & Dee

I will be watching as well.  We have hit Yellowstone every July for the past 7+ years but last year we joined Don & MaryAnn @ Grizzly in September and loved the fall colors, cooler weather and less crowds, plus Don & MaryAnn were very fun to hang with.  We liked fall so much that we have a week booked @ Grizzly for this September again. ;D

I will keep an eye on this thread where it is only about a 5-hour drive for us we may be able to juggle things around.

Mike.

We're booked for Grizzly this September as well, but we are down for another trip in the spring...seeing the fall colors followed by the spring birth sounds awesome to me.

When I used to fly with the Confederate Air Force (Commemorative now), there was always a big pilot, crew, and airshow staff safety meeting before each show.

You can expect something similar when you get to Grizzly because of stuff like this!  8)

You would hope it would not be needed, but ....

Kim

The last and only time we visited Yellowstone was June 2012, see attached, so bring your woolies if you are going to be there in May.

Ed

Attachments

• West Yellowstone June 2012.jpg
    West Yellowstone June 2012.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 105
  Kim, both Yellowstone and Halifax are at the same 44.6 degrees latitude, and I can assure you that although it is often cool and foggy in the spring, we haven't had a 4 to 6 inch snowfall in June.  :eek:  Heck, in 2010 we saw snow going over the Sierras in California in early June.
  Besides, not wanting to be cold , wet and clearing snow is what moved us to get a place in Florida where it has been north of 80 for almost 2 months.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    The last and only time we visited Yellowstone was June 2012, see attached, so bring your woolies if you are going to be there in May.

Ed

I keep telling hubby & the grands we need winter wear .. they just keep laughing at me ... will show them this

Back
Top Bottom