Yellowstone 2016 or Bust! Forum Rally May 15 through May 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are back in the Park.  We and the Dicks are now on site at Old Faithful.  It is still erupting every 90 minutes + or - 10 minutes.  Still a bit of snow on the ground, temps moderate, but the promise of a dip tonight.

Looking forward to seeing you all in May.

Should have seen his spot an hour before he got there.  The blew it out probably about the time he was entering from West Yellowstone.

Have some items set aside for the group.  Be sure and hook up with us (need a count), when you get here.

Kim,
  Now that I am surfacing from my black hole known as tax season, just wanted to say thanks for organizing all of this.  This rally has been my light at the end of the tunnel for the last 3 months.  Motorhome headed for the shop tomorrow for it's pre-trip tune up.  Getting pretty excited.  Haven't been to Yellowstone since I was 9 years old and Dee has never been.  There will definitely be a cold one for you in our rig as soon as we get there.

Thanks again,

Steve & Dee

We're horribly bummed that we have to drop out. We've been looking forward to this since the start of it all. Unfortunately, the unexpected repairs have decimated our summer fun money...and then some. It'll take a while for the bank account to recharge after this.  :(

Wish we could come along and meet you guys. Yellowstine is such a great location.  We were there a few years ago and were in the Lamar Valley around 5:30 am to see the wolves, amazing! We went back the following evening at dusk just as the snow was starting to fall (June) and watched a lone wolf making its way back to its den. It swam across the river. It's a scene I will never forget. We saw lots of bears and a few grizzlies. If you have time also stop at the Tetons. The hermitage point trail is a fairly easy and very pleasant walk there - around 9 miles.  Hope you all have a wonderful trip!  8)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1461054973736.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461054973736.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 27
  • FB_IMG_1461054885309.jpg
    FB_IMG_1461054885309.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 28
Steve N Dee said:
Kim,
  Now that I am surfacing from my black hole known as tax season, just wanted to say thanks for organizing all of this.  This rally has been my light at the end of the tunnel for the last 3 months.  Motorhome headed for the shop tomorrow for it's pre-trip tune up.  Getting pretty excited.  Haven't been to Yellowstone since I was 9 years old and Dee has never been.  There will definitely be a cold one for you in our rig as soon as we get there.
Thanks again,
Steve & Dee
Thanks Kim.
Steve X2.

I'm taking my coach out of storage Thursday and putting new tires on it and then the bi-annual smog test.  Next is Spring cleaning and stocking with food and OGS for the summer.  I plan to head to the great white north around May 5th.

I went to collage in Bozeman and I go back up there every other year.  I love the park and all of the interesting aspects of it.  I used to do a lot of wildlife photography in the park in both the Spring and Fall.

This week is trailer cleaning, final mods, loading, and last minute prep before he leave on Thursday. Our first stop is Canton TX for the monthly, Texas sized flea market and camping with friends. The generator box is complete as of this morning. Later today is adding the 12v fridge fan. Tomorrow we start adding clothing and dry goods. 

We're eager to get rolling  ;D

We started rolling last Saturday from Kerrville, TX and got to Santa Fe, NM today just before the 50 mph wind gusts.

Be here a week chasing doctor appoinments, then roll hard for the Grizzly Mothership.

Safe travels to everyone and let's make sure the road trip stories can be laughed at and not cried about!  8)

Kim

p.s. Bill, we, too, just had eight new tires mounted before we left Texas...I cannot keep my contacts in for the tears...and the tax payment.... :'(

skyking4ar2 said:
p.s. Bill, we, too, just had eight new tires mounted before we left Texas...I cannot keep my contacts in for the tears...and the tax payment.... :'(
I feel your pain!!!

Wondering if anyone plans to drive to West Y'stone from the "south"... Southern NM, West Tx, ... which route are you favoring?  One that Google Maps suggested goes up thru Denver, Casper, then across Wy, then swing west of YNP...  Another suggested a swing west thru Moab, SLC and up.. Another one goes thru Buena Vista to I-70, then west for a while and north again on some "secondary" highways...  The weather in Colorado might be a large factor especially for the high elevation routes...

thx.

We are leaving in the morning from Santa Fe, weather looks fine, via Cortez and Salt Lake City, in Grizzly on Sunday, May 8.

We have friends (Gunny69) behind us coming up the Front Range from Amarillo and another probably doing the same thing from San Antonio.

Since we are all a week early, we hope to catch the good wave. Next week, who knows?

Kim

taoshum said:
Wondering if anyone plans to drive to West Y'stone from the "south"... Southern NM, West Tx, ... which route are you favoring?  One that Google Maps suggested goes up thru Denver, Casper, then across Wy, then swing west of YNP...  Another suggested a swing west thru Moab, SLC and up.. Another one goes thru Buena Vista to I-70, then west for a while and north again on some "secondary" highways...  The weather in Colorado might be a large factor especially for the high elevation routes...

thx.
There is a discussion on this in the Rally Trip Planning post just below the stickies.

taoshum said:

thx.

Gary, I just looked at the attendees list and noticed you and Colleen will be attending the Yellowstone rally.  Awesome.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.  It's been a long time since the Big Bend rally. ;D 

Mike.

As is par for the course when a rally gets in motion months ahead of time, there will be some attrition over time for all kinds of reasons by the prospective rally goers. This rally is no exception.

We have lost a few, gained a few, and are sending out good vibes for all who have ended up on the fence with last minute go/no go decisions.

We'll be in early with several others this Sunday and we hope everyone else is close to being loaded and wish them great traveling weather.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and for those with some medical and/or mechanical issues slowing them down, hope those work out quickly!

Kim

We are in sunny Wichita this morning looking forward to the olde time ice cream shoppe in Marquette. Next stop Golden CO to visit with my niece

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom