Yellowstone 2016 or Bust! Forum Rally May 15 through May 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yellowstone presents some unique weather challenges as natives of the area, like Jim Godward, will attest.

While you won't need snowshoes in the summer, you won't be up on Beartooth Pass in flip flops, either. There are some elevations in the park and it's just smart to bring the kind of clothing that lends itself to layering and rapid changes in the weather in the park.

There are no shortages of YNP sweatshirts in the gift shops! :)

Kim

p.s. this picture was on May 19, 2011 right after they opened one of the north loops in the park.

Attachments

• DSC_0172 forum.jpg
    DSC_0172 forum.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 114
skyking4ar2 said:
Yellowstone presents some unique weather challenges as natives of the area, like Jim Godward, will attest.

While you won't need snowshoes in the summer, you won't be up on Beartooth Pass in flip flops, either. There are some elevations in the park and it's just smart to bring the kind of clothing that lends itself to layering and rapid changes in the weather in the park.

There are no shortages of YNP sweatshirts in the gift shops! :)

Kim

p.s. this picture was on May 19, 2011 right after they opened one of the north loops in the park.

Wow.  I didn't realize how short you were Kim. ;D

Mike.

We have never been to Yellowstone and our goal is to be there summer 2016. We are still exploring some workamping opportunities. We will be coming from Florida and it will be our longest trip yet!!! We have been up and down the east coast the past three years and are excited to head west!!

Jim, there are some must sees on the way between Florida and Yellowstone, we did it in 2012 when we attended the Moab Rally, which just blew us away.  We did Mesa Verde and Hovensweep on the way to Moab, and that too just blew us away.

Ed

Jim and Lee Ann, so you are a maybe??  ;)

Jaaybird, you're pretty clear!

Gary, you KNOW you want to!!

Hope to be able to nail the numbers by next week. Grizzly just opened up full swing last week and they are swamped. I know everyone needs hard numbers so stay tuned!

Kim

Ahhhh the memories...........
This was the last time we took a trip to Zion,Bryce and Yellowstone.

Christine on our FIRST day, stepped off the tour bus that parked too far away from the curb, and fell face long into a wooden fence.
Treated at little clinic at Zion then transferred to hospital at St. George

Kim,

We are on the notification list and will plan to be there.  We will be there this Fall but I love the Park in the Spring.

Bill

We were planning for YNP next summer, this sounds perfect. To visit YNP with people who have been there
Will be awesome for us first timers. Count us in.  To also meet those of you who I have been reading on this Fourm. 

Bill

Bill,

We will be excited to have you join us. Be sure to click NOTIFY on both the rally conversation here and the FAQ so you have the latest information!

Our hope is to bring in as many first timers, both Forum rally and YNP, as possible!

Stay tuned!

Kim

That sounds like a blast! It's been 10 years since we were at YNP...and that trip was a quick one and done...just passed through on the way home. (we were looking at the possibility of moving to Cody or one of the surrounding towns)
We thought about making the trip this year with our grandkids...but that didn't pan out.

Put me down as a "Definite Maybe."

Kim - Since I am new to RVing, please tell me what happens at a rally. My wife and I planned out a 90 day trip to Yellowstone and beyond for 2019 and I was seriously looking at Grizzly, so your plans for next year look appealing to me. The two things that might ward me off would be it being sooner than we had planned and earlier in the year. After seeing your picture of six feet of snow, I might balk. There is a reason why I moved to SW Florida from the Midwest.

But seriously, please clue me into what a rally is all about so we will have a better idea of whether or not it is something in which we would like to participate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom