Yellowstone 2016 or Bust! Forum Rally May 15 through May 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sam! said:
Hey Sarge, How do you typically do this road trip? single destination back and forth and how long does it take you one way?

thanks
Sam

When we were working we did it much like Steve N Dee.  Now that we are retired we take a much more leisurely pace. Like on this trip, we are staying about a week in most places and taking time to see more local sights.  If fact, I have a blog that I am doing here on the forum where I document the travels:  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,83325.0.html

We are fitting the 2016 YNP rally in on our way to Maine and the Maratimes next year.

SargeW said:
When we were working we did it much like Steve N Dee.  Now that we are retired we take a much more leisurely pace. Like on this trip, we are staying about a week in most places and taking time to see more local sights. We are fitting the 2016 YNP rally in on our way to Maine and the Maratimes next year.
That's right, rub it in Marty!! :D Gary, about eight years ago, Cyndi Jo, the kids and I went to Yellowstone in our last motorhome.. Stayed at Fishing Brige and had a blast. When Kim started talking about this rally, we looked at each other and said, "Let's go." I promised myself I wouldn't accept any jobs for a couple of weeks around the rally dates. Now... if the weather will just cooperate.

Stephan... meeting new folks is a lot of what these rallys are all about. We've been forum members for five years but, due to our work schedules, we've only had time to attend a couple rallies ourselves. You can hang out with everyone, do your own thing or a combo of both. We hope you can make it!

Kev 

Kim, we would like to join the group, count us in. We have stayed at Grizzley several times, love it. We need a space in the back by the dog run or the guys will mutiny. They think those are their chipmunks in the woods, friends only, not lunch.
Susan

Kim,

If we are working again next year at Yellowstone we would be happy to provide any information we might have available. I can tell you, visitation to the park is up 24% over last year! There have been many Bison, Elk, Bear, and Bear jams. :) Fortunately, you will avoid much of that by coming in May. I'm happy to see you provided some information on the wildlife. Too many people think Yellowstone is full of tame animals. We have had two Bison attacks here at Old Faithful this year.

With 2.2 million acres, it takes time to fully enjoy Yellowstone.

Today's factoid: 13 states and 2 foreign countries are represented by the current list of attendees, with a large sprinkle of folks new to both the rally and Yellowstone experience...it will be a great mix of people who will have a great time!

Time flies when you are on RV time!

Just a FYI, Grizzly RV Park allowed me to make reservations for May 15-22, 2016 today.

I'd be careful about making your own reservations because of the rally rates and placement in the park. That will create some real confusion with Grizzly that we are trying to avoid from rallies past and to suit the park's request.

We have a block of sites that will be reserved to us. It is not necessary to pre-register yet because of the block of sites.

skyking4ar2 said:
I'd be careful about making your own reservations because of the rally rates and placement in the park. That will create some real confusion with Grizzly that we are trying to avoid from rallies past and to suit the park's request.

We have a block of sites that will be reserved to us. It is not necessary to pre-register yet because of the block of sites.

It is not that I was trying to get ahead of the curve, I had to cancel some reservations, and after talking with her supervisor they allowed me to change my reservations to the rally dates, knowing that I am with the rally.  By moving the reservation dates instead of cancelling saved me the cancellation fee.

Oscar Mike said:
It is not that I was trying to get ahead of the curve, I had to cancel some reservations, and after talking with her supervisor they allowed me to change my reservations to the rally dates, knowing that I am with the rally.  By moving the reservation dates instead of cancelling saved me the cancellation fee.

Cancel some reservations John?????  I hope it wasn't for next month you were cancelling.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Cancel some reservations John?????  I hope it wasn't for next month you were cancelling.

Mike.

As much as I hate to say it...yes. The family business is rocking right now and Susan can't take off to go to Yellowstone. I have been looking forward to going and seeing you guys.

You are going to St. George in October...right? Even though Susan won't be going to St. George either, I will most definitely be there, God willing.

John

Oscar Mike said:
As much as I hate to say it...yes. The family business is rocking right now and Susan can't take off to go to Yellowstone. I have been looking forward to going and seeing you guys.

You are going to St. George in October...right? Even though Susan won't be going to St. George either, I will most definitely be there, God willing.

John

Yes, we will be at the St. George FMCA rally in October.

Hope to see you there.

Mike.

We currently have 26 prospective Frally folks on the list (see here) and we are a good eight months away. It's a great mix of very experienced and long time Forum folks and plenty of new suspects.

At the moment, I have a block of 40 sites spoken for and we can add more. I suspect there be the usual number of folks who planned well, but life happened, and others who did not get excited until the last minute. We'll attempt to accommodate all comers.

If you have not spoken up, read the FAQ, and let me know as soon as you get past the 50/50 stage.

Because of the way Grizzly handles rallies, it is very likely we will gather the money prior to or at your arrival and pay in one fell swoop. If you have any kind of problem with that method, as opposed to ringing up in the office, please private message or email me and I will be glad to address your concerns.

As any of you who spend any time in YNP know, the month of May can be a mixed weather bag and we'll talk more about that as the time gets closer, but this is a rain, snow, or shine event.

Stay tuned!

Kim,

I did get your email on 10/6 so if you sent one earlier, I did not get it, but you are on the list. I went on vacation that day and do not carry a laptop when I go, so apologies!

Sorry for the confusion!

the other Kim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom