Yellowstone 2016 or Bust! Forum Rally May 15 through May 21, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Kim, please confirm you have received my request to be added to the Yellowstone group.  I have sent several emails and completed the form. Maybe doing something wrong. HELP!

Hello pgray,  I am sure Kim will get back to you.

DH (Dear Husband) and I are really looking forward to the rally and are starting to make plans for our journey to and from the event.   

Somehow I never saw this thread.  Have now.  I won't have my rig at the rally, but will be close by as I work at Old Faithful.  Jim & Pat Dick work with us, so the 4 of us will be available for whatever we can help out with.

One consideration for May, many of the visitor centers wiil not yet be open, Memorial Day weekend is when most open.  Old Faithful, Canyon and Mammoth will be.  Some roads may not yet be open, some years Craigs Pass, from Old Faithful to Grant and the lake road was not open.  Other times it has been open, but it gets closed due to weather.  Dunraven Pass may also still be closed, this pass often does not open until Memorial Day weekend.

Feel free to contact me or the Dicks (speaking for them), for information. 

Best part of this time of year is that the critters are being born.  You will see the baby bison playing tag and following moms.  You will see the early lambs, and many other species.  This lasts from end of April to sometime in June.

Know that no matter the weather or the open or closed roads, you will see some of the most amazing scenery around our wonderful world.

Well, Bill!

Your value to the rally would be immeasurable! We'll stay in touch...

Regardless of what is open and what is not, we will all have a Yellowstone good time! We have a nice crowd of first timers and a good crowd of repeat offenders so it should be a great experience for all.

All of our trips to the park have been in this time period and we have never been disappointed.

All we have to do now is wait and see what El Nino decides and how much snow we will have to shovel out of Grizzly!

See you sooner than you think!

Kim

Well there is about 1-1 1/2 ft outside right now, still coming down with fresh stuff.  We shall see what is left, e are here for the next 93 days or so.

Hello Kim, this is Patty Gray and my email is [email protected].  My husband and I would like to join the the Yellowstone group in May 2016.  Has there been any updates lately regarding this trip? Let me know if there is another tread that I should be following.  Appreciate your help. 

skyking4ar2 said:
Well, Bill!

Your value to the rally would be immeasurable! We'll stay in touch...

Regardless of what is open and what is not, we will all have a Yellowstone good time! We have a nice crowd of first timers and a good crowd of repeat offenders so it should be a great experience for all.

All of our trips to the park have been in this time period and we have never been disappointed.

All we have to do now is wait and see what El Nino decides and how much snow we will have to shovel out of Grizzly!

See you sooner than you think!

Kim

Yes Bill,

Any suggestions you might have to help orient and guide us toward activities at the Park would be deeply appreciated.  One question we have been discussing... if we want to hire some "guides" to see some of the back country, especially via horseback, how do we proceed?  Probably need reservations way ahead of time?  But where to start?  Google?  We've been to YNP several times over the years but never really got past the major tourist areas, yet, as you said, there are millions of acres and probably ways to see more.  A few "day trips" would be ideal... but other options could work.

I don't think there would be any horseback riding, still snow out there in the back country.  There are several outfitters around, I'll try to find some links. 

[quote author=pgray52246]Hello Kim, please confirm you have received my request to be added to the Yellowstone group.  I have sent several emails and completed the form. Maybe doing something wrong. HELP![/quote]

Kim requested responses via email, not forum message. See here.

Tom, I have sent several emails to Kim. Not seeing any email responses. Maybe there is another thread that I should be referencing for more current updates.

Hi Patty,

I believe there is another thread or email that Kim wants attendees to use.  That's according to an email I received from Tom J. last week.  I have to dash out and do some last minute shopping but I will get back to you via email.

Patty, actually right above your recent post, Tom J., the Forum Administrator, posted a link to the 2016 YPN Rally thread for attendees.  If you click "Here" in Tom's posting it will take you to the other thread with Kim's instructions and information that he wants attendees to email to him.  Let me know if you have already tried this.  Email me if I can help. 

Could be a fit for us "newbies" this year!  We'll keep reading up on it and watching for updates and decide as soon as we can.

Merry Christmas!
Tide

pgray52246 said:
Tom, I have sent several emails to Kim. Not seeing any email responses. Maybe there is another thread that I should be referencing for more current updates.

Patty,

After a lot of digging, it appears McAfee security software, unbeknownst to me, found your email unfit to deliver, and buried it in my Outlook folders. I have located them all, I think, and will be sorting all of that out shortly.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I was upgrading my systems and was not familiar with a newer version and how it interacted with Outlook.  :'(

Mystery solved!

Kim

Glad you figured it out Kim. I was about to send you an email.

Kim and Tom.  Thanks for your concerns.  Glad to know I was not doing something wrong. Happy to be added to this group.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom