2015 Annual Road Trip with the Powells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrypowellnc

We started on May 7th heading to Williamsburg, VA.  We spent 3 days in Williamsburg but had to cut our touring 1 day short.  We intended to tour 2 of the James River plantations but car trouble with our towed vehicle meant a day (Sunday) hanging around the RV park until I could get it fixed Monday morning.  Our next stop was Washing DC where we also spent 3 days.  After DC we went to Gettysburg, PA where our daughter, son in law and granddaughter joined us for the weekend.  They have what was my parents truck and camper, and this is the first time we have camped together (if you can call staying in an RV park camping).  Anyway, we spent Saturday and Sunday touring Gettysburg including a night time ghost tour.  After Gettysburg the two of us continued on to Cooperstown, NY for the Baseball Hall of Fame then Niagara Falls for the, well, falls (both US and Canadian sides).  On to the Detroit area to visit family and pick up some Kolbasz.  Then Dayton, OH so I could go to the National Museum of the US Air Force.  The total trip was 2,300 miles over 3 weeks.  This was the shortest of our three annual road trips.  Last year it was 6,900 miles over 30 days and in 2013 it was 5,000 miles over 28 days.  Next year?s trip is already in the planning stage.  Straight shot from NC to SoCal (where we both grew up), Route 66 to Chicago then home.  6,000 miles with as yet an undetermined number of days as we plan on numerous stops.  Happy RVing everyone.

Hello Marty,

Liked, reading your travelstory!

We also visited LV and Furnace Creek this year.
It was both different but both wunderfull.
We had in Mai a temp of 100 F, in Furnace Creek.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom