yosemite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooslow

We are headed there and staying at thousand trails rv place in groveland (yosemite lakes rv park on the 120). We've never been and I'd appreciate any thoughts about must see places or activities. We have a 6 year old so big hiking is off the table. I've done a search on this and other sites and don't have a good handle on good things to do if you have a younger kid. Plus it seems that travel is slower than I anticipated, I don't want to torture the kids ( we also have an 11 year old) by spending vast amounts of time in our truck.

thanks as usual!

One of our favorite things to do in Yosemite is the open-air tram ride.  When you're on the valley floor, most of the scenic vistas are UP.  If you drive yourself, the driver will see nothing but traffic.  The tram will hit all the highlights, complete with mike-amplified description, and will take you up to the parking lot high above the valley floor for that drop dead view and photo op. 

Thanks for the replies. Also, we are driving up through bakersfield, anyone know of any trailer friendly gas stations?

tooslow said:
Thanks for the replies. Also, we are driving up through bakersfield, anyone know of any trailer friendly gas stations?

There is a Flying J on the Merced exit just North of Bakersfield, They have an RV lane.

Thanks. Anyone ever take the 132 in merced to the 120? Looks twisty, wonder if a 30 foot tt would be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom