Camp Host Position?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gc241

Looking for a nice place to work as a Camp Host in the West or Rockies for the Summer Season. We have already searched through the usual ads on websites, but looking for those who have found some that are really nice that offer a salary also besides an RV site. We have supplemental income already.

Oregon state parks are a fantastic place.  I know of two openings right now for June.
OPRD.org is the web site

Try,
Volunteering for oprd
Google search volunteering for oprd.
Oregon parks/voluntering.
You could give Josie at 541 480 1581 a call.
She is the host coordinator for Tumalo State Park
She has or had two openings one in downtown Bend and one Just outside of Redmond.  Both day use parks.

I think I found the site, but we were looking for ones that paid also.

It's very late to be looking for a good workamper job for this current summer, but workamper.com is your best bet. If somebody didn't show up for a job or proved unsatisfactory, the CG owner will likely advertise there. It's $25 well spent.

you might want to look at workersonwheels.com as they list jobs that pay and those that don't.  We use them a lot when searching or keep sights in file for future reference.  Good luck

inscop said:
California State Parks has an immediate opening for July and August at Bale Grist Mill Historic State Park.  I don't think there will be other RVers there.  If I could do it, I would jump on it.  I don't think this includes a financial benefit, but it sounds like a nice gig.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=911

Usually, as a Camp Host Position, you get a free site with at least water and electricity. If that is not a financial benefit, what do you expect more ?

We are currently campground hosts in Seeley Lake, MT for the National Forest Service.  We have a full hook-up site.  Over the past 5 years we have averaged between $25.00 and $30.00 per night for campsites, some dry camping, some full hook-ups and everything in between.

At that rate we are saving between $3,000 and $3,500 for the summer and we don't pay any taxes on that.  Yes we are "working" as we are required to clean sites and restrooms which we do in a few hours a day.  We also get to stay on a beautiful lake in the Lolo Forest surrounded by gorgeous mountains.

Some workamper positions have a hourly wage as well as campsite. Sometimes other benefits or perk as well.

Whether any of the non-wage benefits given to the workkamper are taxable or not is a separate question and can get complex.

Back
Top Bottom