Freightliner Chassis ? - read on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi Guys

Freightliner have (recently I believe) opened their internal websites to OWNERS as well as dealers and service centers.

If you have a FL chassis, simply register at accessfreightliner.com - you will need the VIN and the address they are likely to have on file for you.

It takes them around 3 weeks to process your details and send your login details.

Once inside the websites, you will have access to all the tech drawings the service centers use.

You will have full parts lists and drawing for each one.

Then, there are external links for engine manufacturers - the CAT website allows you to download the program used by their service guys to identify faults and match parts etc.

TBH - it all went way over my head, buy you techie types will have hours of fun working thru it all.

Paul

AccessFreightliner has been available for years, I've been subscribed for at least 4 or 5 years, but it's good to remind FL owners that it's there.  You do have to log in at least once every 90 days or your account will be suspended and you have to contact them for a new password.

The drawings are specific to your chassis.  Wiring diagrams are also available, but are such small scale they're difficult to read.

The correct page is http://www.accessfreightliner.com, click on "Register for web applications" and follow the instructions.  Choose Owner/Operator for Type of Business and use your own name for Company Name.

If you don't use the service for a couple of months, they will shut you off. I was shut off yesterday when I tried to use it.

You can also request hard copies of wiring and stuff.? I have the wiring drawings on my desk right now trouble shooting an intermittent problem.? Trouble now looks like it is in the MH wiring, not FL.? :-((? I just used the wiring diagrams to change the way the headlights are wired to increase the brightness.? Small problem of wire size being too small!!

Lots of help there!

Robert, glad you found the right spot :)  As Jim mentioned, call Freightliner and ask for the printed wiring diagrams, they're much better than the online version.  I have the full set for our chassis, 4 large drawings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom