TRAILER HITCHES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2200KENNARD

We sold our class A, now looking to downsize to a 25' travel trailer.  Looking at hitches.  Lots of different makes.  Want a equilizing hitch setup.  Any opinions on what make (EAZ LIFT, DRAW TIGHT, REESE AND ETC).  The trailer we are considering has a 7200# GVWR; about 400 pound dry hitch weight.    Any help would be appreciated.   

Ron

You want a weight distributing hitch with a good anti-sway system.? ?The reciever should be Class IV or V as should the ball and mount.? ?Systems?? Reese Dual Cam and Hensley Arrow are good.? ?The Hensley is pricey but has an excellent rep.? I use the Reese DC myself.? ?It likes a heavy tongue weight tho.? ?Equalizer has a decent rep also.? ?There are friction bar systems but I feel they are only fair at best.? Pick your poison.? ?

I had a Reese on my last trailer. When I was looking at my present Maxlite the dealer recommended an Equal-i-zer. He put one on my Expedition to try after I'd made a test pull with the Reese, no obligation. Needless to say I kept it. He even gave me $200 trade in for the Reese. I'd had good luck and the Reese did a good job on the smaller trailer. but The new one felt better pulling the Maxlite.

Ron,

I work part time at a dealership and they use Reese hitches exclusively. That doesn't mean they are the best but they work very well. We have installed a Hinsley at the customer's request. I know it was overkill for the trailer he purchased but his "friend" told him that was what he needed. I doubt you will go wrong with any of the top brand hitches.

Hi Ron I tried to reply to your email, but it wouldn't go thru. I kept it and will resend if you can send me your address.

Back
Top Bottom