Winnebago Headlamp supplier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lifeinourrv

Hi.
I have to get a new headlamp/passenger side/ front for our sightseer'04. I've been told winnebago doesn't make them any more and I need to get gm916558 part. I've found a few, very few on the net. Is there a great, reliable place to buy parts for Winnebagos? Please provide internet links if you know of a place. Thanks!

Winnibago never made that part themselves, they bought them from someone else and they are usually standard parts from one vehicle manufacturer or another, in this case it seems like GM. Take the headlamp (and part number) to any automotive parts store and ask there, they will likely have a suitable replacement in stock.

Hmmm, thanks Alfa. I'll try Advance Auto parts and see if they can get it. The FL Winnebago dealer near me said she couldn't get the part for me. Is that usual?

You might try one of the these sites "http://www.gmpartseast.com/parts/gm-916558_lamp-asm.html" or "http://www.usaspareparts.com/parts/333-gm-parts/941096/916558-lamp-asm-park.html"

'04 had sealed beam headlights. Is yours an '05?

Google isn't finding me a nice clear closeup of the headlight on a Sightseer. That "GM" part number is to an old parking light, probably not correct? Or maybe it is just the outer parking light part? Winnebago rarely used OEM lights, regardless, probably some markings on the lights to help.

Now I found a possible image. It's attached. Is that correct?

And just what is it from, hmmm....

'01(+/-) Chevrolet Silverado? Image attached...

(And I figured out the part number, '68-'86 parking light. It is your parking light. Again, another image attached.)
Tim

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!qcFBp69RQWSBQrri8Jpig~~60_35[1].JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!qcFBp69RQWSBQrri8Jpig~~60_35[1].JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 18
  • chevrolet-silverado-01-billet-grille-21080-big[1].jpg
    chevrolet-silverado-01-billet-grille-21080-big[1].jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 16
  • $_12[1].JPG
    $_12[1].JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 14
The OP's GM number is in fact the number for the front parking light:

From page 84 of the 2004 Sightseer 30B Parts Catalog:

8 049187-04-000 EA HEADLAMP - PASSENGER - HIGH BEAM - HALOGEN
    8 049188-04-000 EA HEADLAMP - DRIVER - HIGH BEAM - HALOGEN
    10 049185-04-000 EA HEADLAMP - PASSENGER - HIGH/LOW - HALOGEN
    10 049186-04-000 EA HEADLAMP - DRIVER - HIGH/LOW - HALOGEN
    11 084901-01-000 EA LAMP - PARK/TURN - GM #916558 (BULB #2057)

The headlights appear to be standard rectangular sealed beams.

Have you tried www.lichtsinn.com  Dealer & Parts in Forest City Iowa, they are also a auto dealer, I think GM.  Dick nvrver

What Stu (Alfa38User) said.  Winnebago uses a variety of suppliers for their headlights and tail lights.  For example I think my front headlights are from a Nissan truck.  Like others have suggested, get a number from the headlight and start Googling.  Try eBay as well.

For many (most?) headlight assemblies the numbers etched into the lens can be Googled and the vehicle type they were used in will be one of the search results.  That's how I was easily able to identify the headlights on my MH.

Just ordered a lamp for my 2006 Minnie Winnie from car parts.com
Saved a lot of money
Part number was on back of old light

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom