A Biker's Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
I stopped to spend last night with Jim and Tarry Johnson and ended up at their bike club's monthy meeting at a local restaurant. It was fun to listen to others who have fixated on motorcycles like we have on RVs. We then sat around discussing you all into the evening. ;D ;D

After a month in SW Florida it was a beautiful but cool day and evening in Alabama. Jim and Tarry have a beautiful home in the country and all the trees have turned in south Alabama so it was very colorful.

They had a ride this morning so I got the following pic as they left at 8:30AM bundled up for the high-thirty temps.

Attachments

• Johnsons 1 (Small).JPG
    Johnsons 1 (Small).JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Johnsons 2 (Small).JPG
    Johnsons 2 (Small).JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 33
They do indeed have a lovely country home and are wonderful hosts.  Glad you could stop and visit with them.

Jeff,

Having only recently joined the motorcycling community after many years of dreaming I find it as enjoyable as the RV community. It is certainly no different than what we enjoy with RV's but sometimes looked at as an outlaw group of ruffians. Most motrocyclists today are upstanding members of society which include lawyers, doctors, law enforcement members and many other forthright citizens of this great country. Yes, there are still outlaws but I truly believe they are in a minority today.

As everyone that has met Jim & Tarry know they certainly are a part of the best we have to offer in this country. Their volunteer work outshines most of what many of us do. Duiring a recent motorcycle rally the MC mentioned how much money was raised for the cause. He said that he was told "if you want to raise money get the motorcycle riders involved" On one ride this summer we raised $14,000 for the education of a 6 year old whose mother was stabbed to death by his father when he was 3.

Jeff

Enjoyed the visit even thouigh it was a short one. 

Jim

Thanks for your comments.  Just trying to atone for past actions ;D  Sat's ride was for Toys for Tots.  Would not have been out at that temp for much else.

Jim Johnson said:
Jeff

Enjoyed the visit even thouigh it was a short one. 

Jim

Thanks for your comments.  Just trying to atone for past actions ;D  Sat's ride was for Toys for Tots.  Would not have been out at that temp for much else.

JJ,

We went to Merritt Square Mall today for the Toys for Tots ride. Not having the bike I couldn't participate but it was great anyway. They have had up to 8000 bikers at times. I only wish I had the bike. Next yea!!!!!  I couldn't believe the toys I saw strapped to many of the motorcycles. They had to cost a lot of money as many were stuffed animals as large as the riders. Now you know how large some of them are!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Many folks are helped by motorcyclists who really care about people. I'm happy to be part of it now!

The comments were real. You and Tarry really do more than most of us!!! I heard that my American Legion Rider's group is still riding for charity even though the temps are far below that which most of us enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom