What's in a name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geez...I've been "Boomer" for more than 40 years. I worked for a local electric utility where if someone said, "Is Neil around?", no one would know who that was...but if you asked about Boomer, EVERYONE would know. :D

We wanted a screen name that reflected our attitude.  We made sure to put our first names in the signature line.  We like reading the first names and where everyone is from and/or traveling to. 

Sheryl is spelled with an S instead of the usual C, because Sheryl's mother liked writing the cursive S.

because Sheryl's mother liked writing the cursive S.

Obviously that was when they actually taught cursive handwriting in school.  I see some beautiful handwriting when I read old genealogy documents, especially some of the family Bibles.  I feel sorry for kids who might eventually get into doing something of a historical nature and won't be able to read important old documents that are handwritten.  When writing to the kids in our family I make a point of using cursive (unless they're still too young to write) so they get some exposure to it.

ArdraF

Boomer.. Liked to blow up transformers did you?

Well I used to be John IN Detroit, but I got out so now it's FROM.

And on other forums I'm known as WA8YXM.. which was assigned to me by the FCC.

Sheryl is spelled with an S instead of the usual C, because Sheryl's mother liked writing the cursive S.

People often read my name as Cheryl. Ive also been called Carl  :eek: and Carly  ???.  I have a cousin named Daryl, no on ever calls him Darly. :p

When my mother writes in cards to the boys, I usually have to read it to them.  They both learned cursive in elementary school, but they don't use it.  They are now 23 and 25.  Very sad that this skill is lost.  Besides the beautiful writing it is also great for teaching fine motor skills.  But now they are too busy teaching to the standardize tests that there isn't time for this skill, especially since they all use keyboards instead of writing anything on paper.  Both make a vague attempt at cursive for their signatures, but really it is just a scribble with a bunch of loops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom