Window repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crane

We bought a thor/ aero 2001 cub hybrid...my windows leak. I bought window sealant from the rv store and sealed around the outside like caulking around the outer edges...still getting water in..I can see it pool up in the window sill too....fix ideas? ***yes I cleaned the weep holes***

How is it pooling up if the weep holes are clear?  Is that the only place you're seeing water?  How about having someone outside with a garden hose running down from the roof over the top of the window and see if you can see where it's coming in.  If the water is getting in the walls or on the floor, did you check the roof for bad caulking?

I have no idea that's why I'm asking haha. Maybe the leak is filling it faster than it can drain?

I took the paneling off and the interior walls are still getting wet even after I have sealed the outside too.

Crane said:
I have no idea that's why I'm asking haha. Maybe the leak is filling it faster than it can drain?

That would be one hell of a leak during a torrential downpour.  ;D  Check the roof and not necessarily right over the window. It could be coming from most anywhere from the roof. It could be a leak way up front and working it's way to the area of the window.  Check all the vents pipes, and the ceiling vents.

Its not the roof. We did the hose test and I can watch the water fill the sill pretty quickly..I was inside and it looked like it was just flowing in from the bottom slide half of the window..but I would think the weep holes would prevent this from filling up but its not...

And we only hosed above the window so I know its a window issue.

Crane said:
And we only hosed above the window so I know its a window issue.

Can you drill out the holes a little bigger?  I'm still not convinced that it's just the window. Those weep holes should take care of any water inside the window. I would still do more investigating as far as a larger issue.

excess water can get into the track frame both the stationary and slider but from there should run back out thru the weep holes. normal rain fall would probably drain out at equal rate but a garden hose direct spray may overflow it.

what is the condition of the outside rubber trim that contacts the glass and frame?

Attachments

• crosssectionrv1800.gif
    crosssectionrv1800.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom