Seeking route up and down west coast based on weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herekittykitty

One of the biggest reasons I'm living in my RV is so I can chase the climate, west coast only.

I was dreaming today of a mythical place(s) where it's "always" 75 degrees, with very low humidity and cool nights -- mostly because I live in the PNW now, and yesterday it was 90 degrees!, with more humidity than I like. (I should plan next summer to get into a higher elevation, I think.)

What would be your vote for a west coast route that does its best to maintain mild temperatures simply by moving? I'd planned to keep returning to southern WA every June and leaving at the end of Sept or Oct, before it gets really cold again, and suppose I should still do that, in spite of the few really hot days which have me (currently) whining and rethinking this.

The coast itself is not off-limit (though likely off-budget); just because something is nearer water doesn't raise it's relative humidity.

Ready? Go!

Well you could do the British Columbian RV pilgramage to San Diego which usually starts in October.  Once in SD, you can chose city, mountain, or desert and never leave the county.

Carl L said:
Once in SD, you can chose city, mountain, or desert and never leave the county.
Ooooooo, I like that idea!

Now I just need to go digging around for that missing trust fund...  :D

Crescent City California is a nice summertime retreat.
Although just a small town, they do have several RV parks on or very near the water that are VERY reasonable priced.
I have a friend working up there right now who tells me the daytime temps are in the 70s and the parks are pretty clean and decent.

In the winter all one needs to do is travel South & West a bit and hit the desert.

I generally like to follow the climate too, but this time around I'm in the triple digit high desert Southwest.

I lived on the California coast for 40 years. You won't find better more reliable weather than the stretch from Santa Barbara to San Diego. Unfortunately you won't find any place that has reasonable prices because everyone wants to live there. I have also spent a few months in Crescent City and loved it. Great weather and reasonable prices. I stayed at the Sunset Harbor RV park. It costs $400 per month and was located virtually right on the beach. Three really good seafood restaurants within walking distance.

http://www.sunsetharborrv.com/

Nice tips, thanks. And yeah, I do know about the cost on that stretch of the coast. Has never been affordable for mere mortals.

Watching with interest for more ideas.  Not full time yet, but in the Seattle area with the heat so I dream of the same mythical place :)

You could join the Elks and pay $20 to $25 a night at Lodges up and down the coast from San Diego to Washington.

Monterey and Florence come to mind.

https://www.elks.org/lodges/LocalFacilities.cfm 

Back
Top Bottom