Towing Ford Ranger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May I suggest that you check with Remco Towing, www.remcotowing.com ?  They are the exerts and will tell you if OK as is or needing some mods. There is an application list on their website or you can call them and ask - they are friendly and honest folks.

The earliest info I have, which is from the 2002 Motorhome Magazine Dinghy Towing Guide, says the Ranger 4x4 automatic is not towable as is.  That would probably mean it needs a drive line disconnect to make it towable.

I believe that the ranger has an electric transfer case which does not have a neutral position.  I don't believe it is towable either.

Thanks for the replies. Since posting before I have gone to the Ford web site and found quite a bit of info on the Ranger.

If the vehicle has the electric shift xmission it cannot be towed wheels down, Also, if it is automatic the same goes.

The only way that it can be towed all wheels down is, if it has the manual wheel locks and unlocked on all wheels. Then Ford recommends not to tow over 50MPH.

They also say to NEVER tow backwards.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom