Help please. No zone 1 RV Comfort ZC zone 3 Err

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bennysmith

I have two A/C units. Zone 1 and zone 2. They were both running fine for the last two months. Last night the a/c unit in zone 1 would not kick on. I checked the thermostat and it usually toggles between zone 1 and zone 2....... But now there is NO ZONE 1.    But now all of a sudden there is a ZONE 3  that has an Err.  My thermostat has a slide button (cool/off/heat). Up/down button to set temp.  (Mode/zone) button. 

I tried to reset it by doing the following:

I turned the switch to off.  Then I held the up/down button down while moving the switch back to cool.  Nothing happened

I then set the switch to cool.  Pressed the mode button so that the led light would come on. Then I pressed the up/down switch at the same time then I pressed and held the mode button for a few seconds.  Nothing happened

I removed the cover and everything looks fine. 

Can someone please help me get my A/C working again?

I find I have to remove power from the thermostat to reset it. I'm sure it's on a fuse, but so far I've just removed it from the wall and disconnected it.

Ernie

I just finished my a/c class. I have all the troubleshooting info and diagnostic tools.
Probably and unfortunately, I'm in the Bay Area, California, otherwise you could just roll her up
outside my place...(and I wouldn't even call the police on you for parking outside my house...inside joke)

Really can't do this online with you, sorry.

If you are lucky maybe one of the plug and play member techniques will just hit it on the head/$#@

Here are a few thoughts. a/c is basically a closed system, but you can still work on the airflow and electric issues...and use the techniques that avoid opening the system, which otherwise requires special certifications and tools to open the closed part of the system which is rarely needed to be done anyway.

A good tech will go through a couple of standard techniques and if there is a problem will, for example, isolate between the high side and the low side of a rooftop a/c fairly quickly and whether or not the thermostatic is an issue.

Anyway, best of luck. Technician work is fun. 

As to probably...location potentially changes moment to moment.   

Hey Gary, you sound just like the rental place I work at, don't troubleshoot it, put a new one in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom