Tour 42QD AC cooling front cab area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akieffer

Has anyone done any adding of insulation to cool the front cab area of later model Tour 42QD, I am in FL and the front cab area gets very warm during prime daytime heat and AC struggles to cool

If you are talking about at an RV park, cover the windshield, either inside or outside.  That glass picks up a LOT of heat in the Florida sunshine.

When parked? Buy a roll of mylar bubble wrap and cut to fit windshield and side windows put up between privacy curtain and glass.
When driving? Fire up the genny and run the front a/c.

Bill

driftless shifter said:
When parked? Buy a roll of mylar bubble wrap and cut to fit windshield and side windows put up between privacy curtain and glass.
When driving? Fire up the genny and run the front a/c.
Exactly!

And welcome aboard akieffer!

Thanks for the input.  I have a 2014 and it has the solar shades on all front windows but the roof in the cab area only seems to have a thin padding on the inside roof.

The sloped part of the roof over the front two seats on our 42QD is black, and it bakes in the sun. The rest of the roof is white (or covered with solar panels). Yeah, the front area is definitely the warmest area of our coach. If you find a practical solution, I'm all ears.

Kev

Hope this is in keeping with the thread theme...We have had trouble with our Dish DVR shutting down to to the high heat in the entertainment cabinet over the dash. We applied the shiny bubble stuff to the inside of the cabinet. Also added Sunguard windshield cover. The cover doesn't reach the "slope" on the front cap above the windshield. Cabinet still overheats the sat rcvr. We keep the doors open on hot days. Winegard claims that the only receiver that works with the Traveler 1000 is the 211. We have one of those also but, it only has one tuner. It doesn't overheat. That was the wrong place for heat sensitive electronics gear.

Regarding the dvr had the same issue. Got cabinet fans than run on sub power and solved the issue. Runs on a thermostat

I also live in Winter Haven Florida and I purchased from Camping World a fold up Solar Shade that you cut to the size of your wind shield I unfold it and led down the night shade which puts it between the shade and the wind shield. I also aimed one of the AC vents towards the front and it seems to work very well when running all three AC's.

Herbie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom