1973 23' Terry Trailer Bathroom Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuch1982

Hey all, just a question for all to to wrap your head around. I have a 1973 Terry and Im having some bathroom issues. Ive turned the water on, and getting water everywhere except the toilet. I can see the hose to the toilet start to bulge when I step on the foot flush, so I assume I have some sort of plugging issue in there. But the other issue is that when I try and flush, the fresh water from the line comes UP through the shower drain! I imagine its back pressure from trying to flush, but how is it coming up through there? I looked in the waste tank through the toilet and there is nothing going in there. Any Ideas what the issue is?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hard to guess, and I can't think of any reason a toilet flush line would be plumbed directly into the "gray" (shower & sink) waste line. Or any way for it to backflow. Are you sure it is fresh water in the shower drain? Does this trailer have separate gray and black waste tanks? Back in the day, some smaller rigs had only one tank for everything.

Thanks for the reply. Same tank is used for both. And yes it is fresh water. I just cant comprehend how this is happening. The tank is almost empty, so back flow isnt the problem. I cant wrap my head around it. maybe time to get serious and rip that shower out

Can you trace the drain lines from underneath the trailer? Could give you some indication of what's going on, perhaps. I'd also try snaking the shower drain to rule out a blockage there. To sort out the no-water-to-toilet issue, you may have to replace the flush valve and/or supply line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom