EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Space Shuttle Atlantis - March 16th 2007  (Read 6311 times)

UK-RV

• ---
Re: Space Shuttle Atlantis - March 16th 2007
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 08:41:06 AM »

Jim

Thanks for the offer to show us around.

Unfortunately, as soon as we leave Kissimmee in early January, we are heading down to Key West for a booking made for the end of January, then we have the RV booked into Lazydays on Feb 19th for various warranty items - so we dont have much time free until the March launch.

I did email TGO asking about booking a site for a week around the March launch date, but they havent replied.

Im keeping an eye on the KSC website for the viewing tickets to go on sale - I'd rather be guaranteed a view than fight for one, especially as this is likely to be our only chance to see a shuttle launch.

Paul

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 02:21:32 PM »
Paul,

Let us know when you get a site at TGO. By asking now I'll bet you will get one. If they don't have one available let me know. I'll try to find some friends that might be willing to rent if they are not going to be here. I'm sure there will be time to show you around if you're here a couple of days before the launch. I still expect we'll be here until after.

There's always a slight hassle trying to get the perfect viewing spot but we have always found a spot. I'm sure you will enjoy the view from KSC as long as they do bus you to the bridge. I have been told you can't see the pad from the visitor's center but haven't been there in a while. I might just take a ride that way to see what it looks like. We used to be able to drive right by the center but they built a new road and we can't get past it now. A couple of years ago we came back and drove up our usual route through the complex and missed the new turn. Got stopped at the guard shack and was faced with uniformed officer holding an automatic rifle. He had it on top of a bollard pointing right at our car!!! Luckily they understood our mistake and let me turn around. ;D ;D
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »
For anyone interested, launch viewing tickets for the next launch (march 15th) go on sale next Monday.

Prices etc are to be announced at 5pm tomorrow.

Paul

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 08:42:29 PM »
Hey Paul, are you in the area? We'll be in TGO for at last 4 days starting tomrrow, January26.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:55:44 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 07:38:26 AM »

Hi Tom

We're in Key West at the moment - about to head to Miami for 3 days and then across to the Gulf coast.

Besides - I aint coming anywhere near you - we havent had any rain since early December - all thats changed now you're here.  ;D

Paul

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 07:56:28 AM »
...we havent had any rain since early December - all thats changed now you're here.

LOL Paul, you're not the first to tell me that on this trip. Must be those (not so) 'sunny South Wales' genes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:03:48 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Steve, CDN

• ---
  • VA3VH
    • The Pallys
Rescheduled Shuttle Lauch Date
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »
The shuttle launch scheduled for March 16, 2007  has been rescheduled to March 15, 2007[ according to NASA this week.

PS:  As has been mentioned elsewhere Shuttle Atlantis was damaged by hail delaying the launch until April or May
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:32:38 PM by Steve, CDN »
Steve, Forum Moderator
Home Page
My Polar Bear Mural

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »

LOL Steve

I had mentioned the new date in my earlier thread (For anyone interested, launch viewing tickets for the next launch (march 15th) go on sale next Monday)

But yours is a little easier to see  ;D

Paul

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 05:29:15 PM »

Hi All

In case you were planning to head to the March shuttle launch - like we've been planning for a while.....it has now been delayed !!

Due to damage from a hail storm yesterday, the launch will now take place in late April (or thru May).

Unfortunately, we leave the US on April 14th.

Oh well, looks like we will have to try and schedule our next trip to include a launch - just hope we manage it before they are retired for good.

Paul

IslandHopper

• ---
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »
late April, eh ??
Too bad, I've already got tickets to Jimmy Buffett in late April ;)  !!!

Hosted by Over The Network