Tom Eastbound FLA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All,

We're going to try out the McDill FAMCamp in Tampa this winter.  Leaving GA 1/1 arriving there 1/2. Planning to stay about 6 weeks.

Would love to get in a visit with Gary, Jim and others in FL while we're there.

Pancake Bill and Lazy Days is in Tampa isn't it?  They might be too expensive to find.

Joel

Actually it's in Seffner on the edge of Tampa  SW Edge I believe

Actually it's the northeast edge, on I4 just east of I75.  It cost me dearly to drop in there last month.  ;D

Joel - stop in on your way down - we are only about 25 miles east of I75 at Ocala. And our guest Rv site has 30A, water, cable tv and wifi .

Yep  Gary  you're right    East of Tampa   This dumb keyboard   Its my only excuse  LOL  Tom  perhaps a better name for this thread  Would  Eastbound and Down  as was used in Smoky and the Bandit  LOL

Hi Joel,

We'll be here all winter so I'm sure we can get together. Would love to see you and Camille again. It's been too long. Stay away from Lazy Days!!!! As Gary & I have found out, it can be a very expensive visit. :) Luckily, when we visited Gary & Nancy when they picked up their Tradition, we were able to avoid temptation. There's just too much there to whet the appetite!

Timing will be critical as I have shoulder surgery in January. There will be several months of therapy so we'll have to plan, most likely, for some weekend. I won't be driving the coach for a while but it's only a couple of hours from here. Piece of cake!! :)

We could have Pancake Bill buy us lunch!!! ;D ;D ;D

Gary,

<And our guest Rv site has 30A, water, cable tv and wifi>

Wow! - how long can we stay?<g>

We were planning on checking in at McDill and then day trippin' from there.  But a few days visit on the way down would be great.

I've been looking at the map and you are very well located - but a day trip over to TGO from Tampa looks reasonable.

Put our reservations in for  1/2 thru full grey water tank. (snow permitting)

Jim,

We'll plan a day trip to TGO at a good time for you.

Joel

Joel
You are real close to me at LD, even get you a campsite!  50amps, cable conection, even breakfast & lunch included.  Nice central point to meet. 

Be good to see you again.  Oh, and our park may have some spots too, 25 miles northeast and easy to get to.

Tom
I may be at the rally.  Not sure yet, assignments not posted, will let you know.

Bill

(low probability on that one though)

PancakeBill said:
I may be at the rally.

Bill, it sure would be nice to meet you after all these years. Couldn't you tell them you might have a potential customer to see at the rally  ;)

Joel,

Timewise the trip from either location is about the same. A little more traffic coming from Lazy Days as well as a few tolls. :)

Put our reservations in for  1/2 thru full grey water tank. (snow permitting)

Ok, you're in unless & until Tom shows - I offered the site to him earlier in the thread. And The DeMars have it on 1/10 but your tank will be full before then.

RV Roamer said:
Ok, you're in unless & until Tom shows

cool - as we get closer you'll have to send me cell phone number & directions.

And if Tom's there - that's better - we can go on down to McDill & then day trip back for a visit.

Bill - looking forward to seeing you again also.  Maybe we can set up a lunch date somewhere between Ocala and Tampa while Tom is in the area.

Once I check in at McDill I won't want to "leave" - this is our first time and is we understand it the first time you have to do purgatory in the overflow - leaving & coming back would reset the purgatory clock.

Joel

Tom
It might work, but they have a specialized rally team, takes a while to get on that one.  I will ask, I do enjoy the offsite stuff.

Joel, let's watch how it all plays out.  Jan is tough for time off, so a stop here is the easiest and food is free.

PancakeBill said:
a stop here is the easiest and food is free.

Bill I have to admit that my reaction to that was tanstaafl! <g>  Visits to LD have been historically very expensive.

Our plan is to be at McDill for 6 weeks, we'll have time to get together and a time and place convient for you.  We were talking about you - Camille "knows" you but has never meet you.  Looking forward to it.

Do you do ppancakes at LD?

Joel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom