RV Park Rates - 50 years ago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

The park we're staying at has a sign on the office wall showing their rates in 1967.  At the time, 1 night was $1.00 per adult and $.50 per child.  They also had a family rate of $3.00 for Mom, Dad and 3 children.  Don't recall if it said full hookups or not.  The park has paved roads and grass sites.  It is extremely well maintained and quite large with sites that will accommodate 45 footers.  Close to 400 sites on 100 acres.  The park is called Wakeda and is located in Hampton Falls NH. 

The rates today are $48.00 a night and they accept Passport America during May, June and September. 

garyb1st said:
The park we're staying at has a sign on the office wall showing their rates in 1967.  At the time, 1 night was $1.00 per adult and $.50 per child.  They also had a family rate of $3.00 for Mom, Dad and 3 children.  Don't recall if it said full hookups or not.  The park has paved roads and grass sites.  It is extremely well maintained and quite large with sites that will accommodate 45 footers.  Close to 400 sites on 100 acres.  The park is called Wakeda and is located in Hampton Falls NH. 

The rates today are $48.00 a night and they accept Passport America during May, June and September.
Trailers for sale or rent....rooms to let 50 cents....no phone, no pool, no pets, I ain't got no cigarettes.........

I was still just a teenager in 67, but according to this:

http://www2.census.gov/prod2/popscan/p60-062.pdf

The median household income was $7200.

I remember staying at WDW Fort Wilderness in 1976 and it was $25 a night.  Giddy Up.

I haven't checked lately but I am sure it has gone up a little.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom