Unclear Concept... Class C Toyhauler???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

I peruse the used Class C ads, just for fun, and well, I can't find that next bargain, if I'm not looking, right?

Today I found this unique Class C Toyhauler while drinking my morning coffee.

I laughed so hard, I had to mop up the spitter splattered coffee mess first. The pictures are PRICELESS so I am posting them here in case the ad is gone before you see it yourself.

It must makes you wonder... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

This is a real ad, I found while searching RV's on Craigslist in Eastern North Carolina:

97 class c toy hauler - $6900 (benson)

97 ford v 10 91000. Miles.runs great good tires.onan 4000 wt. Gen. Fresh water tank .sink.microwave.ac.portalet under seat.not quite finished.camper only.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/rvs/5085514861.html

Attachments

• 00000_5QzmXdOOJsy_600x450.jpg
    00000_5QzmXdOOJsy_600x450.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 00000_gfKwvPkoJi9_600x450.jpg
    00000_gfKwvPkoJi9_600x450.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 00d0d_jEdzXbOG0FH_600x450.jpg
    00d0d_jEdzXbOG0FH_600x450.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 00t0t_4qYVmn2aZNR_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_4qYVmn2aZNR_600x450.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 00101_9GriDTqsAwm_600x450.jpg
    00101_9GriDTqsAwm_600x450.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 50
I can't imagine actually driving that thing, steering would be very poor to say the least. :eek: He would not get far here, the first LEO that saw that would have it parked.

I see these "unfinished project RV's" all over Craigslist and other RV sites. It's like jokers gone wild!

Seems like a whole slew of folks like to buy up RV's, mess them up super badly with wild customizations that look like they were drawn up on on a wadded up bar napkin at 3am after 42 shots and 17 beers... then try to resell them when they are a third of the way into the project.

I am unclear on this concept.

Is there a big market for wrecked renovations?

There is a guy here in Melbourne, Fl. who has something very similar.  He cut off the back 2/3 of a class C, and made a flatbed out of the remainder of the RV frame.
It looks like a toss up of a very short Class C or a van cab, with an oversized sleeper, and a flatbed truck all morphed together.
I really don't know what he was thinking, or what the ultimate result was supposed to be, but I don't think that was his ultimate goal, or at least I hope, he didn't achieve his goal, and the final product was his ultimate goal all along!

RoyM said:
I can't imagine actually driving that thing, steering would be very poor to say the least. :eek: He would not get far here, the first LEO that saw that would have it parked.

If his State has no State inspection and if he has normal lights and mirrors, no one will check.
This is a private, non-commercial vehicle so DOT would not care.

Most States only have minimal safety equipment that LEO will look for.
Most statutes refer to lights, horn, turn signals, outside mirrors, bolted down seats, windshields, exhaust system and brakes. Sometimes bumper height is added in.

None that I have seen would give the LEO the right to look into structural design or to
make a judgement call on safety, if the minimal safety items are present.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom