Rolling Stones concert photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I got to see the Rolling Stones last week in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl. I had never seen them so it was a treat. The high point of the concert was when the turned off all the lights in the stadium and started the conga drums to Sympathy For The Devil. They showed images of fire on the three big screens on stage and it looked like the stadium was on fire. And then all 60,000 people started doing the 'Woo woos". It was awesome.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108464110929132780547/RollingStones?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I'm so jealous! Thanx for sharing. It's amazing how much energy they still have.

kdbgoat said:
I'm so jealous! Thanx for sharing. It's amazing how much energy they still have.

Thanks. I am especially impressed with Mick Jagger who I hear still runs 7 miles a day. They are all in their 70s and can out rock most teenagers.

I must apologize for the poor quality of the photos, they are not up to my usual standards due to the fact I was sitting 150 yards from the stage with a $400 camera and an iPhone. But they are better than nothing.

Glad to see you back, Tom. They are one of my all time favorites, the energy is incredible.

It is amazing they are still out there rocking live concerts. Wow. I'm impressed.

Wish I had been there.

Mike

Tinmania said:
It is amazing they are still out there rocking live concerts. Wow. I'm impressed.
Yes it is amazing. Even more amazing is they can pack a football stadium. I had the cheapest nose bleed tickets and it was $120. The expensive tickets were the price of a car.

They were just here in St Paul a week or so ago. I did not go however. Ive drug my DH to see Bette Midler, Jimmy Buffet, and a few others. I let him off the hook for Lady GaGa. He would have gone to see the Stones with me, but he would not have enjoyed it at all, even though he is not much older than they are. :)

Glad you thought the concert was great. The people I know who went also said the same thing.

as a long time member of the Stones fan club I get pre sale tickets and never miss a local Stones concert.

I've been a Stones fan since 1964 when I first heard "Let's spend the night together"..

I agree with Seilerbird....nobody does a live concert like Mick and the boys

IMO...one of the greatest R/R bands ever, 50 years of great music.

Actually Tony "Let's Spend the Night Together" was not released until 1967 and Ed Sullivan made them change the words. I have an interesting Rolling Stones story. Almost exactly 50 years ago (May 65) the Stones were on their first US tour. I was an avid record collector and I knew the owners of the local record stores. I went in one day and the owner, Tom Ayres, told me the Rolling Stones were in Los Angeles for the next week and they were staying at the Ambassador Hotel (the one Bobby Kennedy was killed at) at bungalow #5 and they were having a party that anyone could attend.  I was 17 years old and I did not do drugs, I did not drink, I did not have a car or a license. And at that point the Stones were nothing. They had only three very minor hits in the US so I blew them off and did not attend the party. Oh how many times I have regretted my stupidity.

Back about 15 or so years ago, I was at the Lobster Festival in Rockland Me.  On Saturday night they had a outdoor concert so we went. Listened to the 3 girls play and sing. One sang, one played a guitar and the other one who was the sister to the guitar player, she played the violin. They called themselves, (which no one ever heard of them) The Dixie Chicks. No that anyone today cares.  ;D

We were at the Rolling Stones Concert in Orlando too. Great concert! We had not seen them before. Brother in law saw them 5 times. He brought  his programs over before we went. He saw them in LA in 1994. LA Times stated in news article he saved, "that this would probably be the last time they tour the US."  21 years later and here they are again!

Seller... you are right about let's spend the night together, that was a bit later ...... but the first U.S. Stones concert was in San Berdo in 1964 at the Orange show fairgrounds.

You are correct Tony. Thanks for the correction. In fact I looked it up and they had two tours in 1964 so that was their third American tour when they were at the Ambassador. But even Mick is having brain farts. At the concert he talked about how much he loved Florida because their first American show was in Florida, which it clearly was not.

One of the high points of the show was when Mick said he must have had a great time at Disneyland (Disney World actually) but he doesn't remember much. He said he woke up the next morning and found Cinderella's panties on his bedroom floor. Now that is an ugly image to get out of my head, Cinderella and Mick Jagger. Beauty and the beast.

"Ed Sullivan made them change the words." That is funny. He was not impressed by the Stones, was so straight laced yet introduced the top rock acts to North America for years. Apparently he would not allow Elvis to be filmed from the waist down.

RoyM said:
"Ed Sullivan made them change the words." That is funny. He was not impressed by the Stones, was so straight laced yet introduced the top rock acts to North America for years. Apparently he would not allow Elvis to be filmed from the waist down.
Yep, Ed had to eat a lot of crow. He first came out and publicly declared that he would never have Elvis on his show. Then Elvis got so big Ed ate his words and paid him a record $50,000 for three appearances. In the first two he was shot head to toe. It was only the third show that he was censored. Gosh, do you think Ed could have done anything more to give him all the free publicity in the world. Ed hated rock and roll but he loved the money and the notoriety it brought him.

I find it funny that Ed made the Rolling Stones change 'let's spend the night together" to "let's spend some time together" but it was ok for them to sing "I'll satisfy your every need and now I know you will satisfy me". The best thing about it was it was a giant hit at the time and every young person knew he was changing the words. Here is the clip. I really love the look on his face when he sings the changed lyrics:

https://youtu.be/lapIMAAmARQ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom