In Lisbon, Portugal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

I'm in Portugal & Spain for two weeks.  I didn't know if I was going to be able to keep up here because I was unsure about Internet access.  It turns out that free wifi is just about everywhere here.

The busses are huge!  We're being carted around in 3 luxury busses that have to be more than 45 feet long.  I noticed that 'our' buss is redlined at 2000 RPM.  It's got tons of torque so I'm thinking it's got to be a huge engine.  I tried to ask the driver about the bus but he speaks no English, and my Portuguese us just as bad.  What an RV one of these busses would make!  I'll try to find out who makes the chassis.

I'm traveling with a youth philharmonic.  It's an experience to travel with 114 teenagers.  I haven't worn my hearing aids since I left home.  Next week several cit it's in Spain, and 4 more concerts.

Enjoy your trip.  Our son just arrived in Aspen, CO for 8 weeks of participating in the Aspen Music Festival.  We will be visiting him in August.  His is in the brass quintet that received the student fellowship award.  What is the name of the group you're with?

It's the San Jose Youth Orchestra.  My grandson is principle French horn.  First concert (in Setubol) finished at 10:45.  Loaded up the busses and made it back to Lisbon about 39 minutes ago.

Off to Spain tomorrow!

I played the French horn in high school but I sure wasn't a principal, LOL!  I think I barely hung in there.  Enjoy your trip, sounds great.

It must be awesome to listen to a concert by the SJ Youth Orchestra.

Last night the kids played for a standing room only crowd in an outdoor venue in Granada.  Right in front of the 4'th largest cathedral in the world.  While they were doing their sound check they played Dvorak's New World Symphony and a beautiful ballerina gave an impromptu performance on the walkway beside them.  The crowd was very pleased.  Granada must mean 'city of sidewalk cafes'.  Thousands of them.  Including a Burger King where I got dinner.  It was the spiciest thing I've had in a week.

One of our chaperones got hit by a pickpocket in Ronda.  She had 800€ in her wallet.  She was warned not to carry much cash but as with everyone she thought it would never happen to her. 

Today we're in Valencia.  Just got here.  Rural Spain is very much like rural California, but the houses look different.  I can't say I'm enjoying the food much.  My son ordered lasagne one night.  It came with French fries!  I had a steak, came with fries, and rice.  Hard to have a low carb diet here.  First stop when I get home is going to be our favorite Mexican place.

I'm ready to come home and start prepping our RV for the next trip.  Speaking of RV's - the largest I've seen was about 20 feet long.

8Muddypaws said:
One of our chaperones got hit by a pickpocket in Ronda.  She had 800? in her wallet.  She was warned not to carry much cash but as with everyone she thought it would never happen to her. 

How much is that in American?

1.11US = 1 Euro.  $888

This is the cathedral at Granada.  From my sons Olympus OMD1 wifi enabled camera.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom