EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Another old war story  (Read 10369 times)

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Re: Another old war story
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »
Punomatic.. Well in your case I do agree PUNS are often Pollitically incorrect. However it never hurts to be polite to others, To not cause them needless pain.

For example.. If I speak of a "Bitch" Odds are it is one like Isis (Innafree's Isis, and AKC Registered Grand Champion Siberian Husky Bitch)  DOG, denotes a MALE did you know that.

But many,, Well they use that term differently....

(it was fun when Isis won her first Blue... Her master posted the win, including the class, and one of my co-workers went ballistic over the class name (Bitch pupplies six months to 1 year).)

But though I do agree there are some conditions where... Well you got to say what has to be said. But for the most part.. Better to be polite.

I might add Isis is well named, She is one beautiful Canine.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2017, 07:25:58 AM »
Well I must say the thread has evolved from an old thread with some great chopper 'war stories' to the derivation of canine names with a bit of PC inserted. What a brew huh? LOL.  But, for Bill, thank you very  much for those stories and keep them coming as you recall them. I am sure all of us military vets could drop in a story or two about their experiences and I would hate to see them devolve into something not intended. The term 'racism' is used too frequently these days. Reminds me of the old story about yelling fire in a crowded theater and yelling wolf too often.  I won't go further with that but as this thread hits it's six year anniversary I hope we can continue it on a positive note.

Bill (the missileman, not the Huey pilot. lol)
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Grace-10 & Squeak-4, Winnie - 8 months

blw2

• ---
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »
Sorry if I started a political discussion here.  That was not my intent.  Just part of the story.

Again I encourage anyone to jump in with their Old War Story.

For me it is kind of like therapy.

Yeah, I'm quite sure that was the reason for the author to write that Hornet 33 book I mentioned before.   
He had a fragging story too, for what it's worth....

Brad (DW + 3 kids)
13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

DonTom

• ---
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2017, 01:43:29 PM »
I can't tell of how many times I heard of this from a couple of Army friends who served in Vietnam.  Didn't they call it 'fragging' or something to that effect Bill?  Vietnam was not the finest hour for some of our drafted ground troops but most others did their duty and even gave their lives for a suspect cause.  Today's vets and active duty troops are given the utmost of respect and I am so happy to see that in my lifetime.

Bill
"Fragging" was a very small part of it. War is a very dangerous business. Many accidents, "Friendly fire" and such. We had 13 killed and twice that wounded in my own infantry (11B)  company (Army B-3-8 4h Inf, Div, 1969-70) in a few seconds from one of our own heavy artillery rounds. That was our largest accident during the year, there were several others.

In fact, the accident rate in Vietnam was quite close to the combat KIA rate. Perhaps not unusual in any war.

-Don-  Reno, NV
-Don-   AA6GA

2000 Fleetwood Tioga 24D, 7.4L

Eight motorcycles:
Original owner of:
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Versys 650 LT
2016 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Zero DS ZF6.5