Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Front Hood  (Read 792 times)

stuew2

Front Hood
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »
I have a 2002 Adventurer 35U. Front hood latches at bottom but top of hood does not close completely--top tips out about 1 inch from being completely closed.  How do I adjust it to close completely. I think I have tried all adjustments but must be missing something.  Thanks for any and all advice.

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
Re: Front Hood
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 07:13:33 AM »
Welcome!
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

JTsBoss

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
I have the same issue, I have not figured it out. Its like its warped. I push it in hard and use the key to lock it up. That seems to suck it in.
2002 Adventurer with Banks Kit
24' Pace Enclosed
1 Trailer Toad

troodeerv

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:04:40 PM »
Along these lines, my hood bracket separated from the fiberglass.  Any tips on getting it aligned and reglued in a tight space?

jnwhite

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 07:35:26 AM »
I had the same problem on my Journey.  Top was popped out a bit and fiberglass separated from the top brackets, but not the bottom.  Used a piece of sandpaper on a popsicle stick to clean and roughen.  Then wipe with alchohol then used J&B Weld and some of those padded visegrip clamps to pull it in and hold while drying.  Was liberal about using the J&B weld around the bracket sides to fiberglass too.  Has held fine for over a year.  If you do a search, others have drilled through and put some nice stainless bolts in to fix it.  Do whichever pleases you.

Enjoy,
Jay
Winnebago Journey 39K
Cat C7 - 350

Hosted by Over The Network