Front Hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stuew2

I have a 2002 Adventurer 35U. Front hood latches at bottom but top of hood does not close completely--top tips out about 1 inch from being completely closed.  How do I adjust it to close completely. I think I have tried all adjustments but must be missing something.  Thanks for any and all advice.

I have the same issue, I have not figured it out. Its like its warped. I push it in hard and use the key to lock it up. That seems to suck it in.

Along these lines, my hood bracket separated from the fiberglass.  Any tips on getting it aligned and reglued in a tight space?

I had the same problem on my Journey.  Top was popped out a bit and fiberglass separated from the top brackets, but not the bottom.  Used a piece of sandpaper on a popsicle stick to clean and roughen.  Then wipe with alchohol then used J&B Weld and some of those padded visegrip clamps to pull it in and hold while drying.  Was liberal about using the J&B weld around the bracket sides to fiberglass too.  Has held fine for over a year.  If you do a search, others have drilled through and put some nice stainless bolts in to fix it.  Do whichever pleases you.

Enjoy,
Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom