What could this be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zen77

We're looking at many, many TT's in the 20-23' sub 5000# bumper-pull range and today came across a Palomino Stampede with a strange looking vertical crease right in the middle of the "driver's" side of the unit.  The surface is smooth laminated fiberglass over aluminum frame.  The year is 2010.  This crease is vertical and runs pretty much all the way from the bottom of the wall to the roof. 
I asked the salesman at the dealership (it's a used trade-in) and he proceeded to avoid the question and go rambling on about other things to which I promptly shook his hand, thanked him and walked out with my wife and son. 
So, I'm curious if anyone here may have seen this before?  Is it from an accident?  It doesn't seem to be a delamination otherwise it would be bulging outward, or would it? It's almost as if some gigantic person tried to fold the trailer in half and bent it just a bit.

Sounds like a vertical seam where the panels in the sidewall bond together. They are usually fabricated from multiple panels in the substrate and then a single sheet skin is laminated over top. Worrisome, but not necessarily a significant problem. Odds are it is only a cosmetic flaw, but who knows what might happen in the future?

Wizard46 said:
Hard to tell anything without a picture

Here's a picture.  Can you see it?

Attachments

• palomino seam.jpg
    palomino seam.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member