June Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I just posted my June photos, the link is in my signature. I have sold all my DSLR gear. I got tired of endlessly upgrading and not seeing any difference in the photos. Since I only look at my photos on my laptop having DSLR quality is no longer needed. I am not printing billboards and I am not cropping severely.

My main camera is my iPhone 6. The big advantage is that it is always with me. I never miss shots anymore. And it weighs almost nothing. I use it for my scenic and wide angle shots.

My other camera is a Fuji S1. It is a 24-1200 mm bridge camera and it's main draw is the fact it is the only bridge or DSLR that is waterproof. And in Florida that is a real plus 8) I use it for concerts, rocket launches and birds. The two cameras make an incredible combination. It is almost impossible to take a bad photo with them. Everything comes out. I rarely do any post processing since I love the out-of-the-camera look of both cameras. The Fuji shoots RAW but I am shooting jpg to save me from having to buy a new copy of Lightroom. I have version 3 and I need version 5 to get RAW support for my Fuji. But I am not missing RAW since I am so happy with the jpg output. The camera has a built in doubler making it a 2400 mm lens. My favorite shot this month is the Tri colored heron.

It's so nice to, once again, be struggling to choose a favorite picture of yours.  I did like the Tri Colored Heron and there's something about me and alligators -- both the portrait and the profile.  But, because it's so whimsical and made me laugh right out loud, my favorite this month is the Herd of Flamingoes.

Thanks Margi - Those Flamingoes are located right outside of a restaurant right down the street from me. I stopped in for lunch today and it just cracked me up. So Florida looking.

Larry N. said:
My vote is for the owl. Nice shots, Tom -- as usual.
Thanks Larry. I am amazed that shot came out. The owl was in a cage behind a chicken wire fence. I shot through the fence and managed to blur it enough so it is not a distraction.

We have to pick a favorite ?????  :eek:    I like the Bad Hair Day ... but as usual Tom ... all Well Done!  :)

Howard

Howard R said:
We have to pick a favorite ?????  :eek:    I like the Bad Hair Day ... but as usual Tom ... all Well Done!  :)
Thanks Howard. No you don't have to pick a favorite but I love to hear from people who do pick a favorite. I am usually surprised by their selection.

I don't get a vote, but DW says she loves the flock of herons on the front lawn.  Thanks for sharing.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
  I don't get a vote, but DW says she loves the flock of herons on the front lawn.  Thanks for sharing.

Ed
Thanks Ed. I don't have a photo of herons this month so you must be talking about a flamboyance of Florida Flamingos. I originally titled it a herd of Florida Flaminos but my BIL quickly corrected me to let me know they would be a flamboyance. And it isn't on my front lawn, although I do have my own flamboyance out front. Mine are all sun faded to light pink. These were located at the entrance to Boggy Creek Resort Fish Camp, one of my favorite places to eat. Nice chatting with you last week.

As usual Tom, great photos.  I like the Mama and baby egrets.  Looks like loud mouth kids aren't limited to just humans. LOL.  In NC we call those flamingos "Mow arounds".

Sorry Tom, I looked at the pictures but not the captions, it was the sandhill cranes.  Just goes to show you that I don't know my birds.

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom