Michelin Tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

08FleetProv

I'm shopping for 2 new steer tires  275/70 22.5.  Out the door prices in the Little Rock area are Goodyear G670 - $720 each; Bridgestone $910 each; and Michelin XZA2 Energy or XZE2+ for $600 on the FMCA Advantage program.  Anyone have on the road experience with either of these Michelin tires.  I'm really not interested in input on one brand or another or experiences with various other tires! 

We're running XZA2 all around on our coach. I think they're overrated (hyped), but it was tough to meet or beat the Advantage Program price.
Edit: Typos.

We have the XZA2 Michelin tires on the steer axle and XZE on the drive axle.  Agree with Tom, overrated and would have preferred any other brand but the FMCA Advantage price was unbeatable.

Continental makes the 275/70R22.5 size. Toyo too, I think. Any of their dealers around Little Rock? With the number of big trucking companies based in Arkansas, I would think big tire shops would be common and prices competitive.

Yesterday I went to a Michelin dealer close to home, I had multiple sidewalls cracks and I got them checked out; finally the cracks were 4/32" deep so I had to buy 2 new ones replacing my 30,000 milles tires 235X80RX22.5 ! :mad: I've checked the DOT on the nw ones, and they were made in the 24th week of 2015.
I finally paid $430.CAN each, plus installation, new valves and balancing and 15% taxe !
I'll be safe to snowbird next november ! ;) 

We just installed the Michelin XZA2 Energy on our drive and steer.  Removed the Goodyear G670 and to be honest could not get them off fast enough.  I hated those tires, will never have another Goodyear tire.

I had Bridgestone R250's on my previous two coaches and really liked them.  I was going to run them this time around but my tire dealer worked with me and with the FMCA/Michelin Advantage Program the Michelin's were a tad cheaper.

I have had them on for a few thousand miles now and so far I like them.  Rides like a different coach.

Mike.

our coach came with the Michelin tires on it so we went back with the zxe all around, love them they ride good and handle good. we are in northwest Arkansas, I think we paid around $400 to $420 not sure can check when we get back home.  I think it was TDS tire they are a bigger tire shop. we got them around april of last year, the tire date was feb of the same year.

I pulled off 8 6-year old Michelins. I saved $1,600 by putting Yokohama's on the steers (I went up a size due to weight issues) and Generals on the back. I put them on in May and have a couple of thousand miles on them. The coach drives the same, even with the extra weight in my wallet. Since I'm probably going to throw them away long before they wear out, they work for me.

mrschwarz said:
I pulled off 8 6-year old Michelins. I saved $1,600 by putting Yokohama's on the steers (I went up a size due to weight issues) and Generals on the back. I put them on in May and have a couple of thousand miles on them. The coach drives the same, even with the extra weight in my wallet. Since I'm probably going to throw them away long before they wear out, they work for me.

Why did'nt you get Yoko's all around your coach ? Where they to expensive for your wallet or for some other reasons ?

The combination I got offered the best value from the tire dealer. Since they were both brand names, I didn't object to the mix. The savings were based on the FMCA discounted price for Michelins. As others have said, Michelin makes a great tire. They're just not as great as the price would reflect, in my opinion.

FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) has a fleet sales agreement with Michelin and selected Michelin dealers who participate in the Fleet Sales program will provide tires to FMCA members at the Michelin Fleet pricing schedule. Their is a procedure to be followed to order & pay for tires via this program.

We used the FMCA discount when we bought new Michelin tires for our motorhome about two years ago.  Allowing for one year subscription to FMCA, we saved about $150.

I put Michelin XZA2s on our coach in 2011.

They have cracked so badly they are no longer safe.  After only 4 years and less than 20,000 miles?

My daily driver has Michelins and they are doing the same thing!

My wife's CRV has Michelins and they are doing the same thing!

I think I see a pattern here.

They have all been cared for per Michelin's restrictions.  Nothing stronger than mild soap has ever touched them.

Not a fan of Michelins at any price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom