Moving iTunes to Android phone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joezeppy

I've been following the "My Galaxy S5 is out of space" thread primarily because my crappy little 2G Samsung Stellar is out of space but this came up:

docj said:
On the S4 (and probably the S5) also you have to tell the operating system and the app that you want to use the external SD card for storage of things like music, photos, etc.  If you haven't done that and have a large library of something you may have used up all the phone's internal memory.  I learned this recently while transferring our extensive iTunes library to my wife's phone.  I had just assumed that it would go to the external card and quickly learned that wasn't the case.

I recently bought Kim a Bluetooth speaker to use out at the campfire or out in the backyard at home but have no idea how to transfer her iTunes library to her Galaxy S5. Do I put an SD card in our desktop and transfer and then move the card to her phone or transfer directly to the card on the phone? I had heard some special software was needed due to the format of iTunes but I honestly have no idea what to do. Do you have any tips for me?

Thanks.

Joe

It's been a long time since I did it, so I don't remember a lot about what I did - but I converted my iTunes songs into .wma files so I could play them from my Windows computer.  An internet search should give you some specifics about how to do that.

I used a free software program called Media Monkey - was able to get all my files from my IPhone and load them on my laptop and convert then load them on my Andoid phone and also onto my Sony MP3 Player...did away with ITunes and my IPod - tired of dealing with Apple and their proprietary file formats.

I have my entire music collection in MP3 format and can play them anywhere....BTW - I use Media Monkey to create my playlists and categorize my music it works great. I have over 10,000 MP3 files on my laptop and Sony Walkman. Nothing on my phone anymore, decided a cheap flip phone was more than enough, I hate phones...never answer the damn things.

You can find Media Monkey HERE!

Good Luck,

Jim

Google music manager on your computer can integrate any iTunes songs and then you have Google music app on the phone. You either would need data to play the music or when you have access to Wi-Fi download all of the songs and then wouldn't need data in the future. And that is always linked with Google account so when you get a new phone it is easy to set that portion back up.

Back
Top Bottom