Finding the slideout override/reset panel in a 2015 Starcraft Launch 24 RLS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, traded in our 2011 Shamrock for a 2015 Starcraft Launch 24 RLS at Camping world in Mesa. Drove 420 miles each way from the mtns of NM because they had what I wanted. We tested everything at home; loaded it up with our gear, ourselves and our 3 large dogs and our beautiful cat and departed for our 10th annual trip to our summer cabin on Lake Champlain (2400--2500 miles each way).

Let's see:I had to install a TV 'cause "the deal did not include a TV when I got there"; I was going to keep my sewer line but they told me not to bother: they had put one in the bumper for me. They had: it was the shortest I ever saw and had a leak! Mine was a 20' in perfect shape. I am now out $60 but have a good one.

Here is the worst (so far). The slide out worked perfectly at the dealer and at home but the first night (of 5 planned) on our trip east, the slide would not open. I took it to a dealer in Oklahoma. His two best mechanics worked for 90 minutes on a job they thought would take 15 minutes or less. They diagnosed that the slide controller had lost synch with one of the motors. They said all they had to do was find the controller and reset it, then run the slide in and out a few times to synch it. Trouble is that after 90 minutes of taking the trailer apart, neither they nor I could find the controller. We called Starcraft: no joy there. It turned out that all the assemblers are"on vacation" and nobody else knows where the controller would be.

So we are living in extremely tight quarters on this trip. Do any of you know this travel trailer and where the controller for the slide mechanism is?

thanks in advance!

Will

I don't know where yours is, but on my gulfstream its under the front bed, against the sidewall of the bed in the underbed storage.

Hope they find it and things improve!  How usable is the camper with the slide in?  Not something you think of usually, but when we brought our newest one home we realized we got lucky and everything is accessible.

Heckufaguy, Thanks for the advice: I looked there and no luck.

The trailer is completely usable and would not be an issue at all if it were just my wife and I; but with our 3 large dogs and a cat it is like grand central station in NYC.  :)
Will

Adirondack Will said:
Heckufaguy, Thanks for the advice: I looked there and no luck.

The trailer is completely usable and would not be an issue at all if it were just my wife and I; but with our 3 large dogs and a cat it is like grand central station in NYC.  :)
Will

Understood, 2 large northern breed pups, and we bought ours just for that extra floor (read: dog bed) space.

We made it: 2450 miles, 6 days and five nights with our menagerie and no slideout. We arrived on the shores of Lake Champlain in a driving thunderstorm. Needless to say, we were cozy. But as Terry said, "it could have been worse, the slideout could have failed in the open position or even worse the AC could have failed."

The trailer goes into an RV place to get fixed TODAY!

Will

Please let us know what the problem was. Couple of us on here have same TT. Could not look for you mine is 4 Hours away from me at the moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom