1994 Cari Lite Slide out stops after 6 inches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karl3935

My slide out will only move about 6 inches , then stop. This happens each time I hit the button. I took the battery to Autozone to be tested & tested fine.. I'm STUCK! This is my first 5th wheel.. Please help !!

Just to be clear, you hit the button and it moves 6", then stops. Hit the button again and it moves 6 MORE inches, right? That is the motor sensing a too-high current draw and stopping (current limiting). That is nearly always caused by either an obstruction of the slide (too hard for the motor to move easily) or low battery voltage. You can have low voltage to the slide motor even if the battery itself is OK. A poor connection, power or ground, would cause that.

This can also be caused by the Hall Effect sensor(s) on the motor(s) not communicating with the controller.  These sensors tell the controller the slide location (whether in, out, or in between).  Many controllers have a LED on them that will flash codes to indicate a problem.  I have had this issue before and it turned out to be a broken wire at the motor on one side.

Back
Top Bottom