Field Day (Amateur Radio)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tndal

Thanks Tom for this board. Being a Amateur Radio operator we do some long weekends off the grid on generators.  Wondering how many other Amateur operators do field day from there rig? I use two Honda 2000's ran 32 hours on about 9 gallons of fuel, mild temps and partial shade did not work the A/C to much.

Looking forward to some interesting & informative discussions here.

On two occasions my RV has been the field day generator (Onan5500 I'm sitting on after all).

Last time they did not reserve their usual site in time so set up in the middle of a city park.. Their other generators are quite loud (Contractor's models) and would have bothered the natives so they called me..  I spent most of the time at the GOTA station..Most enjoyable FD I have ever had.

What's more when tne FD report hit my Mail box they mentioned that they could not count the GOTA points due to missing paperwork... I remembered where the paperwork was (Or rather who had it,,not me).and the next day an update came out.. Let's just say our standing in the contest took a serious JUMP.

I do logistics for our Field Day operations so  I started taking the camper as a convenience for me and another HAM is our first aid station and does the same. It also serves as the kitchen area.

We have boondocked in some interesting places in the last few years Hospital parking lot, airport tarmac, city park, red cross just to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom