EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Changing to a temperature control shower faucet  (Read 7129 times)

whiteva

• ---
Changing to a temperature control shower faucet
« on: July 05, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »
Tired of wife complaining about the shower being too HOT or too cold. Solution was to change the faucet to a controller model for around $55.00  purchased off e-bay.

Install was straight  forward , estimated time was less than two beers for testing then final install was even quicker.

Next trip was with the grand kids and for the first time we did not have to keep them from the knobs thinking they might turn on too much scalding water.  Kids are limited to a comfortable temp, adults have the ability to override the temp for hotter shower.

The ability to actually turn off the water completely while soaping up, then return to the temperature setting without worry is a great feature.

Here is a video on the final setup (note this is my only attempt with you tube so it is not as crisp as some others)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT8l_L5mrsE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Shadeaux the black cat. Stop by for coffee or beverage

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Changing to a temperature control shower faucet
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
Let us know how it works. That's a real good price for a shower temp controller.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Jetty

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 06:31:43 PM »
I have had the same problem ever since I purchased my MH. You get blasted with super hot or very cold water, every time you turn the water off and on. It improved somewhat when I installed an Oxygenator shower head. I am very interested to see how this works out.

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

Jetty

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:53:46 AM »
Just curious. On my Winnebago, it is 4" centers on the shower faucet handles. All the temperature control valves, like the one you used has a 6" center, which will not allow me to use the base plate that is there now. Did you have this same problem and if so what did you use for a base plate. Do they make this valve with a 4" center? For information, I have found the valve on Amazon for $45 and free shipping.
Jetty

whiteva

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 08:34:01 AM »
I had a cracked base plate so part of the change was to also replace the base plate. My solution was to use a piece of fiberglass cut to the size I needed. This thin piece was left over from a 5er roof replacement. (actually the 14" X 14"  AC cutout). Plan "A" was to purchase a cover plate from Lowe's, but this was a free-be. (stuff like this can be found around most RV service shops) ;D

We gave the faucet a good try-out over the 4th. I can say it performed flawlessly and met my expectations. When the DW asked why the builder did not put it in to begin with, I knew the change was successful. (photos NOT available, she said NO.)

Cheers!
2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Shadeaux the black cat. Stop by for coffee or beverage

sundancer268

• ---
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »
What Brand is this faucet?  I would like to do something like this, I just do not know what to look for.

Jetty

• ---
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 08:07:30 AM »
I ordered one off of Amazon for $49.99 and free shipping. Go to Amazon and type in "shower temperature control valve" and it will bring it up. May have to look thru a lot to find it. You can also put the same on e-bay and it will bring up a lot of them.
The one on Amazon is made by Amzdeal and sold by Xhzhang. My problem is finding a suitable baseplate to replace the one I have to take out that only has a 4" center. These valves have a 6" center.

FastPilot

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »
Found another good How-To video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vy1Nxvc-Y

Hosted by Over The Network