TV to audio system question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gone soaring

I recently purchased a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A which the prior owner installed a flat screen TV up front. He did not connect the audio out to the audio system and I would like to do so. Does anyone know where the imput is. I would like to use the installed surround sound. I looked at the wiring diagrams and can't figure it out and don't want to start tearing into it until I know where to look.

Thanks in advance.

gone soaring said:
I recently purchased a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A which the prior owner installed a flat screen TV up front. He did not connect the audio out to the audio system and I would like to do so.
Do you know the make & model of your TV? This info would help determine your possible options.

Not all TV's have audio out.. IF yours does.. IT should be labeled.

If it does not look for an optical out or SP/DIF out.. I can work with those too but it costs more.

I did find the audio out on the TV. I'm looking for the audio in for the surround sound.  There's a switch on the panel for the TV to play. I just don't know where to input from the TV.

I guess I would be surprised to find a 2005 rig with built in surround sound.  Are you sure you don't have plain stereo speakers?  Even if you have 4 speakers, it seems more likely to me that it would be 2 pairs of stereo.  On mine, the speakers are plugged into the radio/CD player speaker outputs.

Old Blevins said:
I guess I would be surprised to find a 2005 rig with built in surround sound.  ...

I don't know why. My 2007 has surround (for the DVD, etc, but not the TV itself), and I've had surround at home far longer than that. Of course many rigs back then wouldn't have it, but I'd expect that some would.

Audio out from the TV will usually just give you sterio.  Take the audio out from the tTV (not the headphone jack) and connect it to the receiver audio in source.  Turn on the receiver, and set it to the input you plugged the TV speakers in.  You may need to change a setting on the TV in the menu for audio/sound to output it to the receiver.

Old Blevins said:
I guess I would be surprised to find a 2005 rig with built in surround sound.  Are you sure you don't have plain stereo speakers?  Even if you have 4 speakers, it seems more likely to me that it would be 2 pairs of stereo.  On mine, the speakers are plugged into the radio/CD player speaker outputs.

You would be surprised to find a 2005 with surround sound.. I, on the other hand, would not be surprised to find that.. In fact as I type this I'm sitting in one.  Very nice Pioneer Am/FM/FM Home Theater with 5.1 Surround sound that I almost never use for Television (I do use it for some shows like the annual Celtic Thunder/Celtic Woman specials on PBS.. Those get the "Big audio" system)

There is probably a plate behind the TV that has two sets of outputs and a small switch.  One set will be aux1 and the other will be aux2, or something similar.  On the back of the TV locate the audio outs.  They will be red and white.  Plug a audio RCA cable into there and aux1, switch the little switch to aux1, turn the radio on, select aux on the radio.  That should get it.  If there is a single yellow wire that is video in from your DVD player.  That wire would connect to a yellow connector for audio in on the back of your TV

gone soaring said:
I recently purchased a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A which the prior owner installed a flat screen TV up front. He did not connect the audio out to the audio system and I would like to do so. Does anyone know where the imput is. I would like to use the installed surround sound. I looked at the wiring diagrams and can't figure it out and don't want to start tearing into it until I know where to look.

Thanks in advance.

This question might get a better answer in the Winnebago board as the sound system and new flat screen TV setup as been addressed several times there. There is even a sticky on the TV replacement subject. One of the problems seems to be that on some brands of TV, the audio outputs are not volume controllable and thus it becomes a problem and likely a good reason for someone not connecting them to the surround sound system. You might want to check this out on your particular TV before wasting a lot of time on it....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom