It's finally that time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oscar Mike

Well, the waiting is finally over and we are in the final 36 hours before on our first trip of the year. We don't travel often enough so that the pre-departure jitters have hit. I have gone over all of the checklists...thrice. I have those extreme last minute chores still to do, like doing my tire pressures early tomorrow morning. I still have to fuel up the coach. I checked all of the fluids, belts, hoses, batteries, and such.

All the systems on the coach are a go (knock on wood)...a good maintenance schedule is paramount to having fun...IMO.

Day one is always a pain in the neck, getting out of Southern Nevada and into Northern Nevada is 400 miles of tedious driving. Days two and three of our journey to the Oregon Coast are 250 miles each day +/-, which is more to my liking. 

On Saturday, The Lord Willing, I will be overlooking the Oregon Coast in mild temperatures, a welcome break from our summer heat.

Have a good time John. Please post some photos and updates on your location.  I just arrived at the Grand Canyon and now I need to go find some Condors.

John:
  Glad to see you are gewtting to take a trip in the RV.  We just took a short one up to Big Bear lake and had a great time.  Hope you post some pics from oregon coast, a very beautiful place.  Hope all goes smooth.  Can't wait till we can meet up again down the road.

Happy Travels,

Steve

Tom, Thanks, and I hope you get to "shoot" a few Condors while you're visiting the GC. 

Steve, Thanks, and don't forget, we get to hang out next May in Yellowstone. I'm looking forward to seeing Yellowstone in the Spring after having just seen it in the Fall. Were planning a Yellowstone trip in September...but that's still a long way off. 

Oscar Mike said:
Tom, Thanks, and I hope you get to "shoot" a few Condors while you're visiting the GC. 
Well it took me all of 15 minutes to find and shoot my first Condor this afternoon. I am headed out to a Zone-tailed Hawk nest in a few minutes. I will need every inch of my 2400mm lens to capture them. They are deep in the canyon. I tried to shoot them a few years ago with my DSLR and a 100-400 but it just was too wimpy to do the job.

SeilerBird said:
I am headed out to a Zone-tailed Hawk nest in a few minutes. I will need every inch of my 2400mm lens to capture them.

I love watching birds but my husband, Eric, really enjoys photographing them. I'm sure he will be very interested in seeing your avian shots using a Fuji SI with a 24-1200mm lens. (2400mm using the built in doubler.)  I'm also looking forward to seeing your shots but as you know I am primarily a portrait photographer. 

Ken & Sheila said:
John,

How long will you be on the coast?

ken

Ken,
Not long enough...we'll be in Coos Bay/Charleston for a week, then we have get to visit my mother-in-law in Roseburg, OR for a week or so before heading back home. It's a short trip, much to my chagrin.

MN Blue Skies said:
I love watching birds but my husband, Eric, really enjoys photographing them. I'm sure he will be very interested in seeing your avian shots using a Fuji SI with a 24-1200mm lens. (2400mm using the built in doubler.)  I'm also looking forward to seeing your shots but as you know I am primarily a portrait photographer.
The shots I got yesterday were failures. They were just too far away. Even at 2400mm they were a dot in the center. Blowing it up it looked like a Monet painting. But I am going to go back today and try it from a different vantage point that I think is closer.

Back
Top Bottom