Wet window felt strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marky B

Hi all,
I have a question about the felt guide strips on my sliding single pane windows. Whenever it rains, they get wet. They are not overflowing or leaking down the walls and they immediately drain out the weep holes (which are clear). It does not appear to be doing any damage other than being an inconvenience when they start to mildew. I was wondering is this just a nature of the beast for sliding windows or is there something that I am over looking? All the seals around the window appear to be in good condition, it's just rain water collecting, running in and draining out.
Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Mark

While shopping for my current rig. I noticed several MH'S with standing water in the window just like you have described here. I have no solution.  Just wanted to say that I have seen it before.

I bought my rig on a rainy day just to be sure their were no leaks.

Hi

I know what you mean.  I have a 2001 Allego Bay.

I have some water that builds u there as well.  My issue was the rain gutters did not extend out far enough and the water was running down the side of the rig and filling up the tracks.

It was so bad the curtains absorbed some of the water and left huge stains in the drapes.  Looked like H@ll. 

I added some long rain gutter extensions and it solved the problem.

When rain hits the side it gets moist but not as bad.

If your drain hole is working I think we chalk this up to a design that needs to be better.

Post a pic if you can.

Back
Top Bottom