Flooring product question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JD Sharp

Just received samples of Allure Ultra vinyl from Home Depot and was very disappointed. They where light Maple and the fit of the snap together left a noticeable seam.
Does anyone have experience with Alterna? Luxury Vinyl by Armstrong? I would like to use the grout option for a more real appearance.

The Allure Ultra seam is intentional - it  is supposed to look like a plank floor. If you don't want seams, get a sheet vinyl instead of plank or tile style. Were you looking for maple, or was that just the sample you happened to get?  It comes in a variety of shades - I have the Red Hickory in a bathroom at home. I think they may have a tile look (instead of plank) as well.

If you want seams to grout, get the tile style (doesn't snap together), of which the Armstrong Alterna is an excellent example. Armstrong has install instructions for Alterna either with or without grout.  I haven't used that particular product myself, but have always found Armstrong flooring products to be very good.  I've used their luxury vinyl and laminate products in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom