Where do you dump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertusa123

I'm luckey.  Theirs a dump.station at my towns welcome center.  Very continent after a weekend in the national park.    Where do you dump

I just drive down the road a bit at night and just dump on the side of the road in front of a neighbor I despise.  :mad:  Some of it goes into his driveway but the majority of the logs just run into the culvert.  We live out in a somewhat rural part of town. Very rarely do I come across a car when dumping. Now that I got your attention, that was a joke.  ;D  Just kidding.  ;)  My town has a sewage treatment facility and if I need to dump, I can go there.  Most times I dump at the campground before going home.

One can use an app called Sanidump. Lists dump stations all over.

We dump into a sewer clean-out at the house at the end of a trip. Since we almost always stay overnight at campgrounds, most with sewer hookups, dumping on our travels is not an issue.

We're like Tom, but we have a full hookup site at our house where we can dump whatever is in the tanks from the last stop.  While traveling, we only empty the tanks when needed, meaning the gray about every 4 or 5 days, and the black about once a week.

Many truck stops have dump stations.

Most campgrounds allow use of their dump stations for a small fee.

However, recently I was in a small Federal park that did not allow anyone but the paying campers to use their dump station in spite of having a workamper parked right next to the dump out. I guess he was there to see if any offenders showed up.

Most of our camping is boondocking, but our RV has fairly large holding tanks so we can go awhile without dumping (53 BW, 105 GW). If our trip is only a week or so long, we'll either dump on the way home at a rest area that has dump facilities (1st choice), or we'll dump when we get home. We live in a rural area, and when we built our house, we installed provisions for dumping into our septic tank. If we're boondocking for an extended period of time, we're eventually going to find a dump station. I try to find one ahead of time, because in some of the places we camp, there is no cell service. 

Kev

When we dry camp, we'll spend a night or two at a full service park and use their facilities.  Empty the waste tanks, fill the fresh and take a long shower.  More and more, we're finding that dump stations are increasing the fees.  Even when we dry camped at Hampton Beach State Park for three nights at $25.00 per, they charge $15.00 to use their dump station.  I've seen RV parks offering their dump station to non-guests for as much as $20.00.  May as well spend a few more $$$, stay a night, dump the tanks and have a decent shower.  :)

garyb1st said:
When we dry camp, we'll spend a night or two at a full service park and use their facilities.  Empty the waste tanks, fill the fresh and take a long shower.  More and more, we're finding that dump stations are increasing the fees.  Even when we dry camped at Hampton Beach State Park for three nights at $25.00 per, they charge $15.00 to use their dump station.  I've seen RV parks offering their dump station to non-guests for as much as $20.00.  May as well spend a few more $$$, stay a night, dump the tanks and have a decent shower.  :)

Wow.  I never payed more then 5$  with prices like that I bed they can't figgee out why people dump on the road ilegel all the.time

Connecticut state parks charge the same rate as for an overnight stay. I'm aware of some private campgrounds with the same policy.

Here is a link to US dump sight that was given to me a few years ago by someone on the Forum.  I'm not sure how current it is but most should still be active.  http://www.sanidumps.com/sanidumps_usamerica.php

Ed

Most of the time at home...  ;) Most of my RV  use is boondocking so I rarely ever see full hook ups and when I do I rarely stay long enough to have full hook ups. I've got enough water and holding tank space for 3-4 days.

Attachments

• dumping-rv.jpg
    dumping-rv.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 128
garyb1st said:
Yup, just paid 21.50 to dump at a campground! Fortunately for me I stay across the road at a husky truck stop (where I buy several hundred $ of fuel a day) so they quite like having me. That being said, I would have preferred free.

As dry as it is here in Texas I could dump in my yard and it would go into one of the 4" cracks in the ground that are 8 feet deep and no one would know. BUT I use the rest areas here in Texas that have dump stations when I'm on the way home.

We have a dump and fill station in the storage lot we use. Lines? I have never seen someone else using it.

While travelling, every 2 or 3 mights we use a campsite facility with full hookups  :D ; if we are just boondocking for a few days, I'll dump back home at the city's garage dump station, free and opened 24/24 and 7/7. ;)

When returning home I always stop at the same state park for at least one night. It's about 20 miles from home, costs $11.00 per night with an annual permit, has water and electric plus dump stations and drive in sites good for two days without reservations. Even though it is close to Kansas City, there is never a problem getting a site except for major holiday weekends.

Depending on my plans, I may stage here for a night or two (while staying in the sticks and bricks) or a week or two depending on my mood and personal schedule.

Most of the places we go have full hookups, and the few that don't have drive in dumps.  In rare cases Neither of those are available I can dump into my sewer system at home using a portable maserator pump and a 50 foot garden hose.

The pump comes in handy for the places that don't understand how gravity works.  I.e the out the drain higher than it comes out of the coach.

robertusa123 said:
Wow.  I never payed more then 5$  with prices like that I bed they can't figgee out why people dump on the road ilegel all the.time

Dump anywhere in New York State illegally and if one is caught; they will call in the Haz Mat team and the $1,000's to clean up along with a hefty fine to the state; county and locale!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom