Where do you dump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rene T said:
I just drive down the road a bit at night and just dump on the side of the road in front of a neighbor I despise.  :mad:  Some of it goes into his driveway but the majority of the logs just run into the culvert.  We live out in a somewhat rural part of town. Very rarely do I come across a car when dumping.

Rene, I hope I never become an enemy of yours  :-[

Keith :-*

Ran a 2" line off of my main sewer line in the house and ran it out into my attached garage.  Hook up a Macerator and pump it into the that sewer line.  At the end of the sewer line, I placed a threaded clean out plug that I install when not using it.  Works great.  Only use this for return trips but could be used all of the time.  No local dumping stations.

Doesn't everybody just open the valve as you drive down the highway???    ;)

All seriousness aside...  Our town charges a monthly fee for every extra sewer hookup.  However, there is no charge for additional cleanouts.  So I installed a cleanout that fits our hose perfectly. :)

Rene T said:
I just drive down the road a bit at night and just dump on the side of the road in front of a neighbor I despise.  :mad:  Some of it goes into his driveway but the majority of the logs just run into the culvert.  We live out in a somewhat rural part of town. Very rarely do I come across a car when dumping. Now that I got your attention, that was a joke.  ;D  Just kidding.  ;)  My town has a sewage treatment facility and if I need to dump, I can go there.  Most times I dump at the campground before going home.

dump it in my vegetable garden, learned that while overseas.......wanna buy some tomatoes??

When I was in Vietnam, I remember we use to have to burn it. We were 15 miles from any American so honey wagons were out of the question. The outhouses had a backdoor which gave access to the bottom 1/3 of a steel 50 gallon drum. We use to have to drag it out, dump in about 5 gallons of diesel fuel, add a couple bags of powder (I was in the artillery (105's)) then light it. I can still smell that today. YUK!!!

Imagine what it would be like reverting to that today at home and even in campgrounds.

I might as well dump into the water ditch. The neighbors septic is washed out and exposed. when it overflows the stink the floats this way is pretty bad. I hunted down the stink one day. Hike into the woods and found the tank. It is sticking out of the ground and leaking. On another note the ones that use the home to empty. Do you have septic? I considered running a drain pipe for my camper. Would be very easy but have been told that the RV chems are very bad for septic systems.

Hfx_Cdn said:
  Here is a link to US dump sight that was given to me a few years ago by someone on the Forum.  I'm not sure how current it is but most should still be active.  http://www.sanidumps.com/sanidumps_usamerica.php

Ed

That site is very up to date. We got a Cabela's outdoor/camping/hunting store this year (2015) and it's dumpstation is already listed.

What ever you do, don't forget your hose.  That happened to one camper at a campground we were staying.  Unfortunately, it didn't keep him from dumping.  He simply drove the rv as close to the dump station as possible, opened the black valve and let er rip.  Seeing that once was more than adequate.  I won't go into a detailed description of what came out.  Suffice it to say, it didn't present a pretty picture. 

lumpy75 said:
Do you have septic? I considered running a drain pipe for my camper. Would be very easy but have been told that the RV chems are very bad for septic systems.
I use my septic system, but as a lot us do, don't use chemicals in the RV tanks.  The  chemicals are bad for septic systems, but if you use plenty of water in the black tank, you won't get smells.

We have a lagoon. When we built the house 30 years ago I put in a drain hookup out by the barn as my dad had a trailer and need a full hookup when prepping and cleaning it up after a trip. He also had friends that visited a couple times a year that needed a full hook up when visiting. Now it works well for us with our 5th wheels.

Fortunately, our big RV dealer here in Billings MT offers free RV dumping (during their biz hours) as a nice service. 

It's on our way home, so it's very "continent" for us.  ::)

We installed a dump station here at home. and use any dump station along the way, our freeways have dump stations at most rest areas.

However, recently I was in a small Federal park that did not allow anyone but the paying campers to use their dump station in spite of having a workamper parked right next to the dump out. I guess he was there to see if any offenders showed up.

Guess you could say he had dooty duty.  ;D

(sorry, I just couldnt pass that one up.)

We experienced this in a Forest Service Park last year.  The park had limited capacity which was reserved for toilets and the two hosts.  The only way they could empty their tanks was via pumping services.  Totally understandable.  Still frustrating when you see a dump station and can't use it. 

Some rest stops have dump stations.  Flying J and Love's gas stations normally have a dump station for a small fee.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom