The "Mild Hogs" ride agin.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
Finally returned to civilization and a cell signal after 3,800 miles on the road.
Have much catch up reading to do here on the forum. Our group of old farts have completed our annual trip to Glacier NP, the Rockies, black hills, and parts in between on our motorcycles. We pack tents and all our gear. The scenery is breathtaking..
I have an all black Vulcan Vaquero touring bike that makes men run and hide when they see it, and the women get all excited down there when I ride by..( OK I'm completely making all that up, but I'm old and have an active imagination....)
To complete my outlaw image, I have a small skunk attached to my rear antenna. If any of you happen to have seen the Mild Hogs on our annual trip terrorizing the west, please let me know. We're hard to miss. :)
Shhhhhh... Don't tell anyone, but at the end of a long riding day, the game of choice is rummycube.
How bad is that?

I envy you being able to ride that long.  I took a ride today and found that getting old plain sucks.  BTW, my ride is an 07 Yamaha Road Star.  It looks like you came from East to West.  I want to do the South to North, i.e. Nevada to Glacier via hwy 89 and Yellowstone.  I am going to have to start exercising a little to get in shape to ride 3-400 miles a day.  Will hopefully do it with my Son.
  Glad you had a great time with no problems. 

Attachments

• RS - RS.JPG
    RS - RS.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 49
BinaryBob, you have a ways to go.  I turn 80 in a few months and still ride every week.  I will say that the 250 mile ride Saturday in 100+ heat index took it out of me. 

Nice! Keep on going Jim!
I agree, the heat is the biggest problem for me. I always wear protective gear which doesn't help.

retusn, my previous bike was an 2007 1300 Yamaha Vstar custom. Practically everyone I knew who had a Yamaha replaced their stock seat with a Mustang. The stock seat was a pain in the ass. (literally)... Might be worth checking into a different seat.

Jim makes me feel like a baby (at 65).  Congrats on riding every week. 
Bob, I actually have an Ultimate seat and it is great.  I have arthritis in almost every joint and this week my left wrist is killing me when pulling the clutch.  Oh well, I'll get over it and ride til I just can't do it anymore.
Bob

Jim Johnson said:
BinaryBob, you have a ways to go.  I turn 80 in a few months and still ride every week.  I will say that the 250 mile ride Saturday in 100+ heat index took it out of me.

Jimmy, you can't possibly be about to turn 80.  That makes all of us waaaay to old.  (Tom just turned 82 but doesn't look it.)  And, neither do you!  You must have married Tarry when she was about 6.  Keep on keepin' on fine ol' guy!

Margi

A few years ago my sons and I bought new Harley Davidson motorcycles. I had the pleasure of taking a 3,000 mile ride with my youngest son. The memories we made during that 2-weeks are priceless.

I would love to ride 3000 miles over the course of a month or so on my '02 Harley Road King Classic but the DW won't have any of it especially in the heat. 200 miles and she is ready to walk back home. Living in Eastern PA I would like to head to Southern Florida in around November for a month but get back before the weather turns to cold. I too bought a Mustang seat which was more comfortable for the wife but raised me up and through off the natural balance of the lower stock seat.

You guys are amazing.  Please don't beet me up to much but I would like to get a bike to ride and see the USA.  The problem is I have a slight balancing problem and think I would be better on a Trike.  Does anyone know anything about the new style with 2 wheels in the front and 1 in the bake.  I think one model is the Spider but I hear there might be a better one to.

Could I transport it with an RV?  .  Thanks in advance.  ...jc

Curiosity-My wife, after riding 2 wheels for 25+ years went to a Spyder a couple of years ago.  She loves it.

We have ridden in all 48 lower states, most of the Canadian provinces.  Our longest trip was 11500 miles over 3 months on a camping trip to Alaska.  Pulled a Kwik Kamp trailer and camped all but three nights.  A real adventure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom