2000 7.3 diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rambler28

I looking for a diesel mechanic to fix the rough idle problems in my 2000 F350 7.3  live in Camarillo Ca.in Ventura county. Not the dealership.or someone that just throws parts at it I've done that. Thanks

If your closer to Idaho I'd jump at that. But you're in Cally.

But I got to ask how many miles? Fuel filter changed? Lift pump pumping good? Air in the fuel (suction air leaks)? Wore out injectors?

Is it leaking oil? The injectors are controlled by high oil pressure, if the o-rings at the manifold are leaking it will do that. Have your tech replace them with OEM, aftermarket o-rings won't hold.

Go buy an infrared temp gun and check the exhaust manifold temps. The cooler ones do a compression check. Compression good....suspect fuel system such as bad injectors or oil problems as suggested above.

RoyM said:
Is it leaking oil? The injectors are controlled by high oil pressure, if the o-rings at the manifold are leaking it will do that. Have your tech replace them with OEM, aftermarket o-rings won't hold.

I just replaced high pressure oil plugs on a 7.3L Ford.  Yes. Make sure they are Ford quality parts. The driver side rear plug is PITA to get to.

95000 miles on engine no oil leaks incorrect voltage the to EOT sensor I'm thing PCM is going bad.

Back
Top Bottom