Winegard Antenna Repair Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

55wed55

I drove under a low hanging branch and broke the antenna on the roof. The bracket that mounts the antenna to the uprights is broke. I researched parts for this Winegard Sensar Antenna but can't figure out if the bracket is replaceable because I don't see how it is removed from the main unit. Can anyone offer some advice?

Attachments

• antenna-01.jpg
    antenna-01.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 79
  • antenna_02.jpg
    antenna_02.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 70
  • antenna_03.jpg
    antenna_03.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 69
Though I could likely fabricate a replacement bracket I do not believe it is designed to be replaced.. (I did have to repair mine though) 

I like the idea of replacing the existing head with the Sensar IV head.. of the three current models II, III and IV the IV is by far the best as it includes the Wingman.

And while you are at it if not already done pop the extra hundred for the Sensar Pro to go inside the MH... You will like the improvement.

Well if anybody is interested I did repair the antenna. The mounting bracket is plastic. I used gorilla glue and clamped it the best I could. The next day I coated it with some Testors model glue. The snap rings that slipped over the end of the pins were gone so I drilled holes through the pins and used cotter pins and washers. After I got it back together I tested it and I seems to be holding. We'll see this weekend, we are going about 100 miles to camp for the weekend.

Attachments

• antenna04.jpg
    antenna04.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 18
  • antenna05.jpg
    antenna05.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 28
  • antenna06.jpg
    antenna06.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 26
  • antenna07.jpg
    antenna07.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 29
Gluing plastic will never work. You'll be picking the antenna off the road.

I wouldn't drive it either for fear of the thing breaking again, flying off the roof and landing in the middle of some innocent persons windshield possibly killing all it's occupants.  Contact the manufacturer and see if the part can be purchased directly through them or maybe they can give you a part number then order it trough a RV dealer.

??? ::) Sheesh... what drama... killing people behind you?????
My advice... IF the gorilla glue doesn't hold try a relatively fast setting epoxy, that will definitely do the trick!

Keith :-*

kwbush said:
??? ::) Sheesh... what drama... killing people behind you?????
My advice... IF the gorilla glue doesn't hold try a relatively fast setting epoxy, that will definitely do the trick!

Keith, are you saying that it's not possible for the repair to come apart, then the antenna fly off the roof and go crashing into a windshield? Is that what you're saying?  It would probably look just like the blades of a chopper flying uncontrollably.

More likely what Sam! said. It would flap around battering the roof, while  it dawned on the driver, the cat fight on the roof was the antenna, then trying to pull over in God knows what kind of traffic conditions. I'll be curious to hear how gorilla glue holds up. Probably better than zip ties and duct tape anyway.

Bill

ok hoping it wont break again but if it does and since we don't let little things like this beat us. here is the fix. any hardware store should have this stuff and pair of wrenches. this picture is pretty clear well to me but if any questions just shoot. yes throw the broken piece away

Attachments

• antenna repair.jpg
    antenna repair.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 33
Rene T said:
Keith, are you saying that it's not possible for the repair to come apart, then the antenna fly off the roof and go crashing into a windshield? Is that what you're saying?
:-[ Nooooooooooooooooooooooo... anything is POSSIBLE Rene. But I thought your scenario to be, well, a little bit exaggerated.
but certainly within the bounds of possibility on a reality TV show or movie not so much in real life... ::) just sayin'

kwbush said:
:-[ Nooooooooooooooooooooooo... anything is POSSIBLE Rene. But I thought your scenario to be, well, a little bit exaggerated.
but certainly within the bounds of possibility on a reality TV show or movie not so much in real life... ::) just sayin'

You've got to be kidding. You'd be willing to take that chance. Go for it. I just hope I'm not behind you.

Back
Top Bottom